Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you have to clear your cache?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do you have to clear your cache?

I have had to do this for the last 3 times I've played due to the incompatible file ****. Why do we have to do this and wil this ever get fixed?????

Re: How often do you have to clear your cache?

Originally posted by STANGFRIIK
    I have had to do this for the last 3 times I've played due to the incompatible file ****. Why do we have to do this and wil this ever get fixed?????
    Usually "incompatable file" means your trying to download a DIFFERENT version of a file that you already have. This is probably a file with the same name, or an upgraded version of the file.

Problem is that you will always have this happening, unless you never leave a particular server... BUT it shouldn't happen that often!

As for clearing the cache......Lemme help, posted from my clan forum, Check us out for even more cool stuff and downloads!

:Cache Raper for UT & UT2003
    Whenever you play a custom level game from the internet, UT2003 caches it into a temporary directory.

THis program will take the map out of cache and enables you to play it from your map list.

It also stops UT from deleting the file from your cache folder by permanently placing it on your hard drive.

And thanks CTCR-TheCatcher for the helpfull program, it was kind of tedious doing it manually. "

http://www.catchersctf.com/CatchersC...ay=UTILS_CUTCR

You GOT to love the "auto-select" feature... two button clicks and your done with everything in your cache in it's correct folder!

Comment

Wow man thanks. Hey I have .:vVv:. CLAN Instagib Deathmatch in my favorites. Are you part of it? It's one of my favorite servers

Comment

Originally posted by STANGFRIIK
        Wow man thanks. Hey I have .:vVv:. CLAN Instagib Deathmatch in my favorites. Are you part of it? It's one of my favorite servers
        Thanks! I'm one of the clan leaders, we try to provide a fun, hassle free environment for people.

We have 3 servers for your fragging pleasure!

Check us out…and be sure to join our forum to talk with the folks you enjoy fragging with!

Comment

Are there good people on it. (Non-******s that use teamwork) If so I was wondering If I could send some of my students over there. They might like it and join.

Comment

Every time I go to a server with a different map vote mostly, that's what causes these 'incompatible game files'.

Comment

Hey STANGFRIIK, and easy way to clear your cache is to go:

START>>>SEARCH>>>FOR FILES OR FOLDERS

Now type .tmp>>>and press search>>>(now just delete all the files)

Note: there is a "period" in front of tmp

Note #2: If you are low on HD space, this is an easy way to free up space. One time I had 1 GB of UT caches, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cythes
                Are there good people on it. (Non-******s that use teamwork) If so I was wondering If I could send some of my students over there. They might like it and join.
                send them over Cythes Most of the time the IG server's running
                DM but you can change the gametype to whatever you want

Comment

Re: Re: How often do you have to clear your cache?

Originally posted by .:vVv:.F£ÛFF¥
                  As for clearing the cache......Lemme help, posted from my clan forum, Check us out for even more cool stuff and downloads!

:Cache Raper for UT & UT2003
                  Whenever you play a custom level game from the internet, UT2003 caches it into a temporary directory.

THis program will take the map out of cache and enables you to play it from your map list.

It also stops UT from deleting the file from your cache folder by permanently placing it on your hard drive.

And thanks CTCR-TheCatcher for the helpfull program, it was kind of tedious doing it manually. "

http://www.catchersctf.com/CatchersC...ay=UTILS_CUTCR

You GOT to love the "auto-select" feature... two button clicks and your done with everything in your cache in it's correct folder!
                  NICE! :up: I just gave it a go and it worked perfectly (and fast)! Thanks...

Comment

Working...
                  X