Here is how to bypass the intro video.

Open the UT2004.ini it´s in the UT2004\System folder

[URL]
    Protocol=ut2004
    ProtocolDescription=Unreal Protocol
    Name=Player
    Map=Index.ut2
    LocalMap=NvidiaLogo.ut2 <- change this line to LocalMap=NoIntro.ut2

The demo will now start directly with the menu.

u would u wanna do that point less u just click and it goes i think thats a wast of time!!

Comment

ya, if you don't have to, don't mess with the source code. If you made a mistake, but don't know what it was, you could really screw up the game.

Comment

playing with the files is fun and a good way 2 learn whats realy going on in the game! and those are perfectly simple instructions to follow to stop the game loading an intro screen that you just bypass anyway... the game does have to spend time loading that u know? not much but who cares

besides... anyone ever heard of BACKING STUFF UP? :weird:

Comment

Thanks for the tip! That intro is annoying after the 1st few times.

:up:

Comment

Yep, I use this too to get rid of the annoying intro

Comment

LOLing at the people crying about screwing with "source code" hahahahaha.

i did this aswell. I'm starting to use command lines to get into game quicker too.

Comment

"source code"? try "config file".
                Maybe if you start messing with the unreal scripts themselves I'll grant you source code.
                tip is good thoug. (was already posted in the tips and tricks thread).

Comment

Script

theres no reason not to edit the scripts if you just make a copy of the file from the original and if you **** up replace it

Comment

Anyone know if there is a ATI logo INTRO for UT2k4? I saw one for UT2k3, but can't remember (was AGES ago). My ATi wants to hurl everytime it see the nVidia Logo on there!

Comment

I saw someone posting one on the general discussion forum. Do a search.
                      I've set mine to bypass the intro too. Why bother clicking?

Edit: Mark Rein from Atari (or Epic?) got all upset about this because he claims it violates the Eula to change logo to ATI, blah, blah, blah, so yu may want to hurry in case the thread gets removed....

Like I said above, I'd rather save a click and bypass the intro, I buy NVidia or ATI, which ever I get the best deal on. Stop the religious wars over it, same with Intel vs AMD, sheeesh

Comment

If your intro-music is now the one from UT2k3 ->
                        http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...d.php?t=371563

Comment

Working...
                        X