This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheating 2

I saw the closed thread for the cheating but i have to say that i am so disapointed with the game (not only UT4, but UT1, 2 & 3, i tryed them all) In multy there are sooo many cheaters i acknowledge that i'm still a newbie in the game but i've played many other games like Halo and Quake and i can tell a cheater from a good player ... at least i think so ... so my question is: Am i wrong and i can't tell a cheater from a player or there ARE many cheaters in the net ?!

What happened

Hey wow they closed my thread about cheating immediately. Why?

Comment

of course there are cheaters, but there are also many talented players too, just because someone kicks your *** lots doesnt mean he is cheating, the remaining ut2004 players are for the most part dedicated to ut2004, only play ut2004, and will kick your *** easy unless you play everyday.

if you play on demo server's then you will prob get alot of cheaters, but dont think they all are, and dont accuse them of been cheaters, 90% of people cannot spot a cheater even if they think they can, moden cheats are a pain in the **** to spot, go play on servers with anti tcc and screen sender, will remove most the cheaters. but theres not THAT many.. iv ran a server for ut2004 for 2 years now and have only caught 5/6 cheaters

Comment

Yeap, usually most of people just know how to do things so they would win, but they don't really cheat. Cheating is risky - you can even get your CD key permanently banned from the Master Server - and that means you would have to buy another UT2004, and even then there might be additional IP bans that would continue to stop you from playing.

I remember I was accused for cheating once - when I used a Minigun Turret in one of the Assault maps. Guess someone accused me just because I knew the turret was hitscan - that is, instant hit, despite the emitter that shows how the bullets move, as the emitter lags far behind. Of course, for those who didn't know that, it might look like cheating - you get damaged from thin air... Yet accusing was still silly as that server had AntiTCC.

Oh, and if you really want to find a game with a lot of opportunities to cheat, go play Unreal II XMP Although even there cheating is now rare as there are only ~50 players playing the game. Why cheat if they can leave and you won't have anyone to play with ^^

Comment

pff i hate the cheaters and the cheating, it kills the fun and the whole thing is for weak players.I prefer being not so good but play fair. And god **** it doing 2 headshots at one person and he's still standing ... what has he, a god helmet or something ?!

10x 4 the replyes

Comment

Originally posted by SlaughterU View Post
            Hey wow they closed my thread about cheating immediately. Why?
            http://forums.epicgames.com/announcement.php?f=14&a=1

Please see the rules regarding cheat discussions.

Closing this one too.

Comment

Working...
            X