text to voice and the headset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

text to voice and the headset

I posted this in the tech support forum to beggin with and got no answers so maybe you guys/girls can help me out.

Okay so if I have just my speakers plugged in I can get text to voice to work just fine but when I take my speakers out and put my head set with microphone in I am unable to get the text to voice to work. I thought that it just didn't work because it won't with headset until recently I was told different. I don't know what it is that I would have to do different but the only thing I can think of that may or may not be the reason is when I go to the narrator in windows nothing happens nothing at all and when I look for it I am told that the path is wrong or something like that. Now would that have anything to do with why I can't get text to speach to work while using my headset?

this is what I have ----

Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]
    CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1674 MHz with 1023MB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 (6693)

thank you for any help you can give me.

What sound card? How many speakers? Do you set the sourd card for headphones when using them?

Comment

Nvidia Nforce Audio

I think it is part of the motherboard which is Nvidia

I don't plug the speakers in at all anymore I just use the headset
      which is umm I don't recall but it has the mic along with it and a switch in the cord to adjust the volume and to turn the mic on or off. if that is any help to you at all.

Comment

what I was getting at is did you have your sound card set up for multiple speakers. If so it is possible the text to voice is getting sent to, for example, the middle speaker and as headphones dont have that channel you dont hear it.

Comment

Actually they are set at stereo headset not speakers at all.

Comment

Working...
          X