How to make acsii names?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make acsii names?

yeah I see them everywhere, could somebody please tell me how to do it? I tried searching but found no help.

By the way what I'm talking about is the names with the o's with an i through them and such.. thanks

I think you have to write your name like you want it in another program (for example word) and copy & paste it in the file ut2004/system/user.ini at the line where it says name= , but I'm not sure tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush1911
      yeah I see them everywhere, could somebody please tell me how to do it? I tried searching but found no help.

By the way what I'm talking about is the names with the o's with an i through them and such.. thanks
      goto start>run and type charmap. Click a letter or symbol. Now look on the window border on the bottom right, and look for this.

As far as pasting it into the ini, I am unable to do it either. All I can do is draw blanks.

Comment

Copying them into the ini is easy. Just double click on the character you want, it should appear down in the bottom where it says "Characters to copy". Then select it and press the Copy button, or Ctrl+C.

Some of the characters don't work properly though. For that reason, just try creating your alias in a seperate txt document and try saving it, if it returns errors, you'll have to try different characters.

Comment

Originally posted by gades
          if it returns errors, you'll have to try different characters.
          know of something I could input into charmap so it just shows the available ut2004 chars? <where would I ask such a question anyhow?

Comment

My favorite is ALT+0160

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank
              My favorite is ALT+0160
              that was soo off topic :[

Comment

▼@Ê~○█¼á►♠ asci leetness! I prefer readable names...

Comment

Originally posted by fftunes
                  ▼@Ê~○█¼á►♠ asci leetness! I prefer readable names...
                  :up:

Comment

Originally posted by UejYi
                    know of something I could input into charmap so it just shows the available ut2004 chars? <where would I ask such a question anyhow?
                    You'll have to experiment really, though those toward the top have a much higher chance of working.

Comment

Working...
                    X