How to force models ??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you force to a custom skin ???

i would like to because im in a clan and we have a modded skin and i would like to keep it.
    But .......
    all of these are for Gorge.

Comment

Originally posted by Killavirus
      can you force to a custom skin ???

i would like to because im in a clan and we have a modded skin and i would like to keep it.
      But .......
      all of these are for Gorge.
      No you cant, because if someone made a white skin and forced it that would be cheating.

Comment

yeah i thought so ....

Pity oh well ill stick to trying to shoot the skinny ppl

Comment

Originally posted by eviL<
          That's impossible. Because you can only force standarad caracters. No custom ones. Imagine somebody creating a white caracter and Forcing it, it would be like cheating!

So that won't work
          :heart:

Comment

*Kicks myself a couple of times in the head

Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Killavirus
              *Kicks myself a couple of times in the head

Sorry
              Rofl nvm, asking something never hurts, kicking yourself in the head does hurts

Comment

Originally posted by Sys-X
                Rofl nvm, asking something never hurts, kicking yourself in the head does hurts
                So true!

Comment

Originally posted by Sys-X
                  How to use brightskins and forced default models

Written by Athlon_2o0o
                  Tuesday, 15 February 2005

BrightSkins or modified skins, UTComp and all other kind of brighter skins are not allowed in InstaGib. If you're using a skin like that it will be seen as hack or cheat, and you might get punished using them in a tournament. But some orf the skins are really hard to see. The only way to optimize the skins is to optimize your UT2004 configuration. Read further for a small document on how to make your skins as bright as possible.

First you have to load your UT2004.ini in your UT2004System folder. Modify or add these values:

[UnrealGame.DMMutator]
                  bBrightSkins=True
                  [UnrealGame.DeathMatch]
                  bColoredDMSkins=True
                  bAllowPlayerLights=True

These values will bright up the skins as much as possible in the DeathMatch gametype. Another handy option is to force default skins. Instead of different sizes of skins, they will all have the same (and the largest) skin. Negative side of this is that male and female skins still have different skins. For male ones I picked Gorge, for the female ones I picked Rylisa. Of course you can change this to the skin of your liking. You will have to change this line in the UT2004.ini:

bForceDefaultCharacter=True

And you'll have to modify or add these values in the UT2004SystemUser.ini:

[UnrealGame.UnrealPawn]
                  PlacedCharacterName=Gorge

[XGame.xPawn]
                  PlacedCharacterName=Gorge
                  PlacedFemaleCharacterName=Gorge <------ THIS ONE !!!

It won't change a lot, but I hope you can notice the difference. Especially the forced default skins may come in handy. If you have any suggestions for this how-to, then contact me and I'll add it. Of course the way of making your skin brighter must be legal and should not need any external files.

( Source ) http://www.instagib.nl/index.php?opt...id=6&Itemid=67
                  My bro just owned me, it is possible to use just one default model. Just tested this myself Oo omg.
                  Just replace the name Rysila for gorge or backwards.

Comment

Quick question does forcemodel changes in the inis overrule the force model setup in utcomp?

I am too lazy to test this.

Comment

Originally posted by jaQal
                      Quick question does forcemodel changes in the inis overrule the force model setup in utcomp?

I am too lazy to test this.
                      No, UTComp can have its own forcemodel if it wants. If you havent set any forcemodel in UTComp then you'll just have Gorge and Rylisa instead of one. If you set a forcemodel in UTComp you'll just have the one (I force to Rylisa in UTComp)
                      999 posts \o/

Comment

Working...
                      X