Onslaught question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onslaught question

I was playing onslaught the other day and I was alone at a power node. On the map it appeared as if the node was under attack, but there eas no one around but me. The powere level was continuously going down, but there were no white pulses going up the beam like when you shoot it. Is there a time when power nodes loose power and appear as if being attacked when they really aren't (like maybe if the become isolated). Is there a comprehensive unslaught guide some where?

Certain maps will have powernodes that are not part of the direct line to the enemy core. When you happen to have one of these nodes under control, but lose the node that it connected to in the direct link, then your node becomes 'unpowered'. You have not lost the node, but your other nodes don't connect to it. Thus, it slowly drains, and looks like its being attacked, because it technically is. You can still spawn at it like normal, and vehicles etc will still spawn there. You can also keep the node linked so you don't loose it, that way you have like a forward outpost.

My guess is you were playing Dria and were at one of the side nodes.

Comment

Originally posted by slick8086
      I was playing onslaught the other day and I was alone at a power node. On the map it appeared as if the node was under attack, but there eas no one around but me. The powere level was continuously going down, but there were no white pulses going up the beam like when you shoot it. Is there a time when power nodes loose power and appear as if being attacked when they really aren't (like maybe if the become isolated). Is there a comprehensive unslaught guide some where?
      that happens when a powernode is ISOLATED. it means that a node that has higher priority is aatcked or destroyed...even though the node has been untouched ...the node will weaken until it self-destructs .and as sometimes that happens to be the only node that your team owns and it is not linked to the first node from your base

Comment

Working...
      X