Slow Map downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    this may or may not work but its worth a shot go into your into your ut2004.ini file and add a couple of zeros to the max lan speed also change your net speed to t1/lan and turn dynamic netspeed off.One more thing try using your machineas a dedicated box and see if the dl rate is still slow.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If it's at a LAN there's not much point in putting together a redirect. Just burn all the maps and stuff that you're playing onto a CD and pass it around to everyone, or share a folder on your system with all of them in it for awhile and let them copy the maps.

If you end up doing this with remote players though, you'll need a redirect. Go to the unrealadmin site that was posted in one of the responses before mine and it'll explain it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you go to unrealadmin.org for this type of stuff. Ut itself will only let you d/l at its max netspeed which is usually 10KB on an internet server. For some odd reason, you have to give an outside http address and d/l from there in order to get a reasonable download. You either have to have a web server running somewhere (i recommend Abyss web server), or use the public redirect(uz2.gameservers.net). Use the ini generator at unrealadmin.org. you'll fill out the redirect part of the ini there. Also redirection allows you to use compressed files, use ut 2004 map installer to comp and decomp.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just put the maps on their machines too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't lan very often, so this hasn't been an issue for me much... but when I did lan I had the same problem, and it seems like you shouldn't need to use redirect because you're on lan anyway. It's probably a fairly easy fix, but I havn't looked into it myself, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Something with redirect. Don't know what, exactly, though.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Slow Map downloads

Slow Map downloads

Hi,
    I have a problem. Every time I host a Server on a LAN Party the download rate for other players, who doesn't have the map I'm hosting, is very slow. What can I do ?
    Thx to everyone who can help me.

(Excuse my crappy English )
Working...
X