Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament 2004 ( need a little help please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    If I recall correctyly, you need Patch 3339 to install the ECE, and the ECE to install Patch 3355.

The first issue with the screen locking up sounds like a common firewall issue. UT2004 just has a problem with the notification that firewalls give you when a new program is attempting to access the internet. There are two ways to get around this: the first is to run the game in a window, so the firewall won't be interupting a full-screen 3D application. The other is to manually configure the firewall to allow UT2004 internet access.

Unless you have Kerio, then you either have to uninstall UT2004 or Kerio, depending on which one you want to keep.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have installed everything that I can think of and when I try to play on-line, it tells me that " the UT2004 master server could not be reached. Then when i try to see game lists, it says connection failed."

What is causing this ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    After installing the ece bonus pack, you have to re-patch with v3355.

Originally posted by Tonga
    Would that be one of the reasons why I am uable to find anybody on line ?
    Do you mean servers or players? Makes a difference.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    didnt see that one, let me try that...Thanks for the info.

Would that be one of the reasons why I am uable to find anybody on line ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did you install the ECE bonus pack? I believe you will need that. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    typo error, instead of 2003, I did install the 2004 Unreal Tournament ( retail ) for Windows Patch v3355.

Sorry for the confusion ( if any )

Leave a comment:

• Unreal Tournament 2004 ( need a little help please)

Just went out today and bought URT04, and installed all of the disks that came with it, and then I knew that I would need a patch ( as I used to play the second edition, and you needed the 436 patch for that one), so I downloaded the Unreal Tournament 2003 ( retail ) for Windows, opened the file and installed it, but when I try to play on-line, the screen locks up ?

What did I forget to do ?

Any help would be great.
Working...
X