Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beginnner question

hi
    i am a new player to ut2k4 and i have downloaded mod for it but i dont know where to place mods
    plz help

We'd need more ifnormation. What kind of mod is it ? Is it .zip, utmod, ut2, cpl, what is it ?

Comment

the mod name is CarBall_23_Full.ut4mod

Comment

When it's a .umod (For the first UT), a .ut2mod (UT2003) or a .ut4mod (UT2004) you just doubleclick it and and follow the instructions.

Comment

thknx

Comment

when its the mod Mayhem Weapons mutator thing found at the beta releases. what i do???

Comment

Then you could try telling us in what FILE FORMAT it is.
              Or perhaps go to the website you DL'd it from and find a how-to ..
              If it's a big, elaborate mod there's usually a readme with it that will tell you how to install it.

Comment

GameServers.Net FTP

mayhemweapons-beta.zip

is that it???

Comment

Just a quick run-down, hopefully ths should make sense.
                  This of course assumes you know how to open a .zip file or .rar file (or other archived file).

Ok, many mods will come as a .UT4Mod file. These are just like those setup files you get for *normal* programs. Double-click it, & it'll go through the installation process more or less automatically. You just follow the instructions on-screen.

However, some smaller mods (and often mods that are still in the Beta stage) will just come as thier component files.
                  These will have to be placed into your UT2004 folder.

So, all the texture files from your new mod will go in your UT2004\Textures folder, all the sound files will go in your UT2004\Sounds folder, system files in the UT2004\System folder, etc..
                  In this case, you will nearly always find a readme file that tells you which type of file goes in which UT folder, although before long you'll know by heart which filetype (utx, usx, ukx, etc..) goes into each folder..

In very few cases are you actually required to just dump the entire mod folder into your main UT2004 folder, but where this is the case, it will again be detailed in the readme.

Remember, most mod makers want people to play thier mod, so it's rare you'll find no details at all as to how to install it.

Comment

Working...
                  X