transporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transporting

Okay, this is a real noob question. I see guys flitting around, transporting onto buildings and disappearing when I shoot at them. How do they do it? Is is just a series of jumps done in succession?

They are probably useing the Translocator. Primary fire shoots out a beacon and the teleports you to it.

Comment

transporting

Okaaaaay, so where do I get one? :cry:

Are they in the game somewhere? I don't remember seeing any stinkin' translocators lying around. :sour:

Comment

Not all gametypes use the translocator, but if you want to learn how to use a translocator you could try to play a match BR. When you are ingame you press the "Q" button and you have selected the translocator, after that press the fire button.

Comment

You can't pick it up. You have it, or you don't. Depends on gametype, like madmarty sayd

Comment

check out some keybinds for quick and easy accesss to the TL.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/ut2003console/aliases.php

this one is pretty good. If you dont know how to add them just ask and I'll (or any # of us) will help. Also look thru the forums, there are a lot of good instruction threads.:up: -----Bodaddy

Comment

Originally posted by eviL<3
              You can't pick it up. You have it, or you don't. Depends on gametype, like madmarty sayd
              That is not exactly right. I have been on a few servers where you don't spawn with the translocator and they had a pickup for it hidden in the maps.

Comment

transporting

Thanks for the info guys. I'll soon be transporting in no time. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by q03
                  That is not exactly right. I have been on a few servers where you don't spawn with the translocator and they had a pickup for it hidden in the maps.
                  That's on none of the stock maps, and it ruins custom maps!

EDIT: And BTW: it's called Translocating

Comment

I didn't say that it was a good thing to have the Translocator as a pickup. I said that there are maps that have it as an item you find. I don't like those maps either because the one you pickup is always the standerd Translocator which is not very good.

Yes being teleported by useing the Translocator is called Translocating. I was explaning what it did to someone that didn't know about the Translocater. Teleporting is something almost anyone would understand while Translocating is something that could have confused a newbie.

Comment

Working...
                    X