Lack of ONS Sportsmanship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of ONS Sportsmanship

I lost interest in UT some time back because of the high volume of immature insults, thought I would check it out again. I have played 6-12 matches a day for the last week. The best players now all switch to the same team. Of the 50-60 games I played, only twice did one of the better players switch to the team with us unskilled players. And the name-calling of us unskilled players is disheartening. Not as intense as before, but still discouraging enough that I would guess most noobies will stop playing after a few days. It's that bad!! No wonder Counter Strike Source and Quake 4 have so many former UT 2k4 players!!

This was'nt very much different in the past. I remember many unbalanced matches, but sadly there is'nt much to do against this. Maybe it would be nice if the 2 best scoring players of each team could'nt change teams after a few minutes.

Comment

What servers have u been playing on?

Comment

Mainly GibGames and Atari ones -- they have the best ping (I have bad ping with UT --- many times worse than for other games, for some reason).

Comment

Find us on our own server some time during our weekly ONS night - thursday evening 9 PM EST onwards. Always welcome for a friendly game, and if our buddy Stormside is in, he'll be able to show you to a decent ONS clan with their own server.

Comment

What's the server?

I'm already in {dKc} Dark Knights Clan, but most guys don't play UT any more because there are so few good players out there. And even fewer who still prefer ONS. Our ONS server hasn't been up for a while due to a lack of interest.

Comment

another thing I am seeing everywhere ONS DM is the lack of rotation people generally go by. Like they just use flak, or sit at tank spawn, or the like. Only if they knew the effects of a skilled player acually equipped with the vehicle they like could the loss be reversed. And giving rides people. If you just want to go run over people in torlan with the only manta that spawns at the beginning of a match, then who, and how long will it take to get in a slow hellbender and goto primary.

All I am saying, is that the best players will not fight or cry for a vehicle, they would rather it be given respectibly in most cases.

So dont be a n&@#b and think everything you say and think is right. You might just grow up and have much remorse for lack of respect.

idk I think alot, but if you have that warm cringe inside, it may have just hit you.

Comment

Originally posted by conqui
                Mainly GibGames and Atari ones -- they have the best ping (I have bad ping with UT --- many times worse than for other games, for some reason).
                I play on Gib-games, server could be better, kick ban would help. But I always try to play as a team player, but yeah, there are always some asshats messing it up for everyone else.:weird:

Comment

Working...
                X