Headset ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headset ?

I just added a headset to my game but it's not working yet. Is there something I have to do once I join a game to get it working, or did I miss something in settings. Thanks in advance-----Bodaddy

Several things to keep in mind when using a headset.

Is it plugged in correctly ? Both plugs ?

Is your record-setting set to microphone, and not to, say, line in ?

Is your microphone volume setting high enough ?

Have you switched the thing ON ?

Best way to test these settings is by opening a simple sound recording software that shows volume levels .. Adjust settings and volumes till your regular speaking causes the volume bar to go to about two-thirds.

Comment

Change your audio setting NOT to EAX or anything, just Safe Mode. Then it works.

Comment

Thanks. As soon as I get back home I'll try that. btw, when I hit the 'activate mic' key, I get a volume bar on the left that raises with db. I also noticed yesterday that I couldn't hear others when they spoke. I got there icon popping onto the screen but could not hear. Oh and it tried to translate what I said into text, or atleast into voice commands when I spoke but nobody else was hearing. Ran the mic through my 'Pro-Tools HD3' system and worked fine (sounded like **** but worked well enough to play UT with)

Comment

Working...
        X