something strange when I am in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

something strange when I am in

the console either playing on a map or not when ever I type in preferences I'm knocked off and the game closes with this fatal error.....

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1676 MHz with 1023MB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 (7801)

Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL). Please delete your UT2004.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3DRenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::EndFullscreen <- UWindowsViewport::Exec <- FExecHook::Exec <- UEngine::Exec <- UGameEngine::Exec <- UPlayer::Exec <- UViewport::Exec <- UWindowsViewport::Exec <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (InteractionMaster Package.InteractionMaster, Function Engine.InteractionMaster.Process_KeyEvent) <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessKeyEvent <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- WM_KEYDOWN <- UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

any idea what can cause it? Now I don't know if any other commands do it but the ones I have used don't seem to effect it the same way.

thanks for any help you got.

Re: something strange when I am in

Originally posted by DEADLY_KISSES
    Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL). Please delete your UT2004.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.
    Tried that yet?

Comment

I guess I should have told you that this didn't just start happening it has done this ever since I had a fatal error and it ended up wiping out my entire setting as if I had just done a new install. Yes I thought maybe something else could have been delelted so I did just that did a new install and again and still this happens.

I guess it's not THAT big of a deal....just would have been kinda nice to be able to use it.

Comment

Hey whats up? can you trace the fatal error that you had and correct it? Or do you think they correspond. Will a patch fix it.

Comment

Re: something strange when I am in

Originally posted by DEADLY_KISSES
          the console either playing on a map or not when ever I type in preferences I'm knocked off and the game closes with this fatal error.....

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1676 MHz with 1023MB RAM
          Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 (7801)

History: UD3DRenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::EndFullscreen <- UWindowsViewport::Exec <- FExecHook::Exec <- UEngine::Exec <- UGameEngine::Exec <- UPlayer::Exec <- UViewport::Exec <- UWindowsViewport::Exec <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (InteractionMaster Package.InteractionMaster, Function Engine.InteractionMaster.Process_KeyEvent) <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessKeyEvent <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- WM_KEYDOWN <- UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

any idea what can cause it? Now I don't know if any other commands do it but the ones I have used don't seem to effect it the same way.

thanks for any help you got.

you didnt state if you were using the latest versions of the game, i.e. the latest issued patches. that too might resolve your issue.

the "D3D" is a video error. the game recommends to delete your Ut2004.ini file which is a good idea but might not fix your issue. So I would just rename the C:\Ut2004\system\ut2004.ini to something like C:\UT2004\System\ut2004.old

delete all the garbage in the c:\ut2004\cache folder

launch the game (it will recreate a new ut2004.ini file for you) and see if you can duplicate the error. if it still exists then I think you need to uninstall and reinstall your video drivers. you may want to go to the manufacturer of your video card and be sure to download the latest version of the drivers.

as a side note: i have had a map file corrupted before and I can't recall for certain but I got an error very similar to this and just deleted the map went to a server playing it and it redownloaded it for me.

Comment

Working...
          X