ECE bonus pack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECE bonus pack.

I downloaded the pack but when I tried to run it it asked where to unzip it to. I chose the UT2004 folder and unzipped, then used the installer to try to install it. A message popped up saying that it wouldn't work. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

thanks
    SharderBlade

EDIT: And now may game isn't working! WTF!?!

Re: ECE bonus pack.

Originally posted by SharderBlade
    A message popped up saying that it wouldn't work.
    You need to tell us exactly what the message says.

Comment

Critical Error

Failed writing destination file: C:\UT2004\System\Setup.exe (the process cannot acsess the file because it is being used by another process.)

The destination drive might be full, or it might have bad sectors.

Comment

Ok, I unzipped my files to a different path and now it installed. :up: But... UT2004 still doesn't work. :down: :down: I open the file and.....

Critical Error
        UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-02-15_17.02]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1202 MHz with 479MB RAM
        Video: No Video

Assertion failed: sizeof(*this)==GetClass()->GetPropertiesSize() [File:.\UnGame.cpp] [Line: 148]

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

:weird: I am so confused

Comment

Try these steps, if one doesnt work, go onto the next.

1. Reinstall the patch

2. Uninstall the game, install it again, install the patch

3. Set fire to your hair

4. Defragment your hardrive, repeat step 2

Will

Comment

You were not suppose to unzip the contents to the UT folder, as it is a self executing file and will update UT for you.

You should have let it unzip the files to a temp folder, then after that it will go through the updating process and update UT for you.

Then after that run patch 3355 again if you had it installed previously.

Comment

Thanks

Cool, it worked! I can now start the game. But I have a new problem once again. :down: UT2004 no longer accepts my keyboard input. I can't skip through the opening. When I start a game the loading screen is black with the text, no characters holding guns. When the game starts it says press fire to start but I can not start the game or move the cammera around. This is really bizarre.

Comment

Weird.
                You have the lastest vid & sound card drivers installed?

Comment

I have no idea.

Comment

We need to know what type of video card and sound card you have.
                    Drivers for these two must be updated regularly to keep up with todays games.

When updating vid card drivers, the old ones must be removed first, then deleted the folder they are in on your PC, reboot, then install the new ones.
                    Soundcard drivers like Creative can be updated via their scan feature on Creatives website, it will install them for you.

Comment

Fixed

actually it wasn't nearly that complicated. The bonus pack deleted all my settings, including my control configrations! I just reset the controls and everything was fine. :haha:

Thank you though! I greatly appreaciate your help.

-SharderBlade

Comment

Working...
                      X