No announcement yet.

Animated Gifs Tutourial Part 2 (Demos --> Gifs) / Movie Making Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That under DV-AVI is quite good. "Video van houghe Kwaliteit" a.k.a. "High Quality Video"

I'd use that

Comment

codec

i recorded a demo, then i made a movie of it, and finnally i tried to import it into moviemaker from ut2004/usermovies but.. it says it's impossible to fine required codec , plz help me.

Comment

How did you export it? Did you use Dumpframes? If you didn't, try that. If you DID use dumpframes, make sure that you didn't have a codec activated in vDub.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Hey Evil,

I myself am into movie making, But i just use Fraps, and have never had any probs at all.. I am only looking to do one thing , and that is to find the file (s) or animation files, that would allow me to make them into a moviefile...

i am loking for the animation files that after the end of a Match you hit either j,k,l ";" and it does your little dance, i want to make a amovie of that dance, at least it be part of my movie, what tools do i need to extract those particular files out of ut2004?

Lan

Comment

Hello!

I don't quite understand what you mean. What do you mean by Animation files?

If you want to do that anymation, simply start a match, and type "demorec x". Then press either j / k / l or whatever animation shortcut you like, and quit the game.

Restart it, load the demo "x", and watch. Should actually work...

I hope this is what you mean, otherwise explain it more excact

Comment

Almost..

What i mean is you know like at the end of the match, when you hit j,k,l, or ;

it does a little dance, ( cutthroat, kiss my butt, Hump, hump, hump) what i am trying to get is those particualr Animation's (dance) copied out the game and into a Movie file, I dont want any more text on the screen.. just my character ( or any charater) doing that dance at the end of the game.

Understand?

lan

Comment

Aaah, so you don't want the background! Well then i'd suggest this (if you have a good enough movie editing program): DM-BluescreenXL

It's a Map, that let's you cut out all of the background! :heart:

Hope it helps!

evil

Comment

ok

Evil. .. I downloaded that and indeed Played it, havent got to the end yet.. so will see what happens..

lan

Comment

Well, it's easy to cut out the background, as it's all the same color. I'd like to give you some tipps here:
                    Originally posted by *gR*
                    use these commands:

fov # (10-50 for closeups)
                    slomo 0.1 (for movement screens)
                    togglescreenshotmode (hide hud and weaps)
                    freecamera 1 (rotate around the player like in matrix or end game screen)
                    lockcamera (locks the camera to it's current position)

Comment

Evil, that worked ok, but, perhaps i can explain it this way, since i am a newb at this.

When your character does the dance at the end, is there a certain Animation file inside your UT2004 folder, that does those particular animations?

I tried to record it, but i need specifics on how to start recording, but dont know hwo to load it?

Lan

Comment

demorec starts recording, stopdemo stops it, the demos can be found in c:/ut2004/demos and can be played in Main menu > Community > Demos.

Comment

Originally posted by MysTikal
                          demorec starts recording, stopdemo stops it, the demos can be found in c:/ut2004/demos and can be played in Main menu > Community > Demos.
                          Or by typing "demoplay <demoname>", thanks MysTikal

Comment

yeah

Thanks guys, I almost have whati need, i tried recording it inside ( Making AVI) insude ut, but thats taked 4EVER..lol

Lan

Comment

Yeah, it does take very long. Rather use Dumpframes (explained in the first post), to just get the part that you need.

It takes long, but has great quality! :up:

Comment

This may be interesting for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X