Specific gametype maps, help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Specific gametype maps, help please?

Heya, just a qick q if it's no problem - after playing a Dm last night in BR-Anubis, I was wondering how I can config UT2003 (yeah I know, but I can't run 2004 very well until I upgrade for uni) to allow me to use written maps for specific gametypes in instant action DM, for some practice gaming.

For instance, If I want to use a Bombing run or CTF map for a Deathmatch, is there any way to force UT to show it in the maps list when setting up the DM?

I assume that the DM maps don't have things like ball spawn points, & flags coded in, so I accept I can't really use a DM map for anything like BR or CTF or owt that, but it would be nice to have the choice of the larger maps for use in Deathmatch.

Any thoughts please? I tried the search function & good ole' Google but I'm either using duff search terms or am just plain stoopid..
    Cheers

*EDIT* Well, while looking around for a decent cache converter app, I stumbled upon this tool; http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb/paf...n=file&id=3440

Apparetnly Mapmixer should give me control over maps & gametypes, although I'm yet to actually try it out. I thought I'd edit the post rather than delete it just incase it helps any other beginners.

You can do this: Copy the Map, and rename "CTF" or whatever Prefix to "DM"

You can also start up UT2003/4 and type this:

open <mapname>?Gametype=xgame.<gametype>

<mapname> would be the filename, like "CTF-Faceclassic.ut2"
    <gametype> would be "xteamgame" for TDM and "xdeathmatch" for DM

Comment

Ah, thanks Evil!
      I must admit, I'd briefly thought of renaming the map, but I thought that it was just too simple..

So, renaming the map file won't create conflitcts with the static meshes, texture files & whatnot that's associated with the map?
      Bonus!

Cheers for the console commands too, that's probably the quickest way to access the odd map here & there, cheers mate.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJim
        Ah, thanks Evil!
        I must admit, I'd briefly thought of renaming the map, but I thought that it was just too simple..

So, renaming the map file won't create conflitcts with the static meshes, texture files & whatnot that's associated with the map?
        Bonus!

Cheers for the console commands too, that's probably the quickest way to access the odd map here & there, cheers mate.
        No Problem, but make sure to copy the Map Files before renaming them. It's hard to get The Retail Maps back, if you've lost them. It won't have any conflicts with Anything, as it should find everything perfectly. Have fun with your new DM maps

eviL

Comment

Working...
        X