Need some tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some tips

#1: What sensitivity are you using in UT2K4?

#2: Do you hide your weapon models?

#3: Mouse acc. On or Off?

I know both questions are depending on personal thoughts, but I have really problems to find a good sensitivity in-game (Razer Diamondback mouse), and I really can't decide if I want my models hidden or not...

1) I put my MX518 to 1600 DPI, then turned my ingame to 0.5. When I get a bigger pad, I'm going to move it down further, probably to 0.25.

2) Weapon models hidden; right/left screws up aim, and I cannot for the life of me get used to center.

3) Mouse acc. is on, simply because I'm used to it.

Comment

1) MX518 is my friend. Set mouse sensitivity high, then adjust ingame sensitivity to what you want. I'm currently running my 518 at 1600DPI and ingame sens is at 1, but I'm slowly moving it down. Which is another suggestion, start in the middle and work your way up/down depending on what you feel you need.

2)Definately hide mine. having it on the side really messed with my head, but I didn't realize how much it affected me til I made it hidden. You can try playing with the gun in the center, but when I do sexual inuendos flood my thoughts, especially when I have the goo gun out. Too hard to play with sex on the brain.

3) I have it on just because I haven't felt like messing with it to see what I like better. Adjust one setting at a time. Adjusting more than one at a time will make it harder to determine what causes the things you don't like.

Comment

Sens, all I know is that good players use anywhere between 30-20cm per 360 degrees.

Ultimately, you'll want hidden weapon models, although that will take some getting used to.

Most people dislike mouse accel (including me).

Comment

20-30cm every 360 degrees....sorry but i dotn get dat

Comment

from where you start moving your mouse it takes 20 cm (to 30 cm) to make a 360 degree turn ingame

so look at the screen - move the mouse leeeeeeeeft - and when you look again where you started from, measure the distance your mouse has moved from its starting point

Comment

What cyghost said....

Because there are so many variables involved in your mouse sens before you even get to your ut settings, we measure in cm per 360.

Comment

oh ohk makes sense to me now

Comment

My ingame sense is set to 0.5 and I have weapon centered in view. Ive tried with it hidden for a short period, but I really couldnt get used to not seeing wtf I was holding. I never used the bottom weapon list bar, and during a hectic game I couldnt bother keeping an eye on the weapon bar as well as the amount of ammo, health, shields and adrenaline

Comment

Originally posted by CHB
                    My ingame sense is set to 0.5 and I have weapon centered in view. Ive tried with it hidden for a short period, but I really couldnt get used to not seeing wtf I was holding. I never used the bottom weapon list bar, and during a hectic game I couldnt bother keeping an eye on the weapon bar as well as the amount of ammo, health, shields and adrenaline
                    Don't scroll, use keybinds to switch weapons. It will be easy to remember which weapon you have because you just pressed the button for it. :up:

edit: Also, use different crosshairs for each weapon, helps too.

Comment

I do -=[BeR]=- m8, I do. I have binds for each weapon and also use different x-hairs for them. Still I like to see what Im using so I dont have to use a split second to think or look for it. I did like the better view with hidden though. Well wtf, might try it out again sometime lol
                      I think what I dislike about hidden is, that when/ if I run out of ammo my weapon switches to next in line, and there I am fireing green goo when I thought I was using the minigun and I didnt see it switch lol

Comment

Re: Need some tips

Originally posted by Spitfir3
                        #1: What sensitivity are you using in UT2K4?

#2: Do you hide your weapon models?

#3: Mouse acc. On or Off?

I know both questions are depending on personal thoughts, but I have really problems to find a good sensitivity in-game (Razer Diamondback mouse), and I really can't decide if I want my models hidden or not...

1. I too have a Razer Diamond Back. My in game sense is 1.78. I hear that's pretty high though. I don't see how ppl can use .5 and such. This game (to me) just seems way too fast to have it that low.

2. I don't hide my weapon models but I do center them and use the small weapon option so they don't take up much room.

3. I don't bother with mouse accel. I remember back in the day some ppl were using it so they could have really low mouse sens but still be able to pull off flick shots. I've never tried that though. I like my mouse speed to constant.

Comment

Working...
                        X