do alot of people still play ut2003?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do alot of people still play ut2003?

i just bought ut2003 and i was wondering if there are still alot of people to play with online?

i dont know what about other players. but i play only UT2k4 now.

Comment

Have a look at this:

UT2003 Stuff

Ooooops :noob:

Comment

Do yourself a favor and return UT2003 and buy UT2004. The number of players in UT2k4 are dwindling and I can't imagine UT2k3 is better. Ut2k4 also has a bunch of new gametypes like Onslaught and Assualt.

Comment

go find it out yourself. just look for servers and if there are players online it's ok isn't it?

Comment

It hurt alot when UT2K4 came out a years time ago and "all" were migrating to that. Eventhough I ofcourse rushed out and got a copy ASAP - a bit before release date here....shhhh !!! lol - it was sad to see the 2K3 servers disappear all over the place. But hey, I soon forgot all about that after installing 2K4 and got even more addicted to that than 2K3.
            I still - rarely - start up 2K3 just to try it out again, and yes, last time I did, there were some servers outthere.
            Hell, theres still even UT servers I believe...

Comment

i thought that 2k3 and 2k4 player could play on the same server if the game mode and map was in 2k3

Comment

Originally posted by |XMG|Spudnick
                i thought that 2k3 and 2k4 player could play on the same server if the game mode and map was in 2k3

No, I don't think so

Comment

Originally posted by |XMG|Spudnick

That was planned originally, but about halfway through UT2004's development it was dropped. So no, you can't join a 2k3 server with a 2k4 client.

And yes, some people do still play UT2k3. Slightly more people play UT99 than play UT2k4, actually...

http://www.csports.net/(0p5nzdzcydtt.../TopGames.aspx

If you sort that list by "names in 31 days," you'll find UT99 ranked 12th, UT2004 ranked 13th, and UT2003 ranked 27th with about 43,000 players (or at least distinct nicks) in the last 31 days.

Heh... that's still about 4x as popular as painkiller. :haha:

Comment

Ahhh nice finding Discord m8 !! Guess that completely answers the question.

Comment

2k3 was a beta

Comment

Originally posted by pielover87
                        2k3 was a beta
                        :up:

Comment

The master server is up & down (ir)regularly so it is propably necessary to use All-Seeing Eye or Qtracker or similar server browser to find players. There are not so many left, though.

Comment

Originally posted by pielover87
                            2k3 was a beta
                            True, they ruined the cool feel though when it reached v2004. :bulb:

Comment

Working...
                            X