Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by «°Chåøs°» 123
    gades, my ut hates custom crosshair packs being put into it, ie it doesnt load when it has them :-(
    What the hell?

You using the latest ut patch 3355? I remember very early patches not working with custom crosshairs.

You can get it HERE

I don't know what other problem it could be.

Hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    gades, my ut hates custom crosshair packs being put into it, ie it doesnt load when it has them :-(

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hmm

i would say i always have to aim where the person is going to be because i have such a ****ty ping poor old me LOL

On a good point im really good at predicting people now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Richyb
    I said must people who aim so well and dont get hit cheat. I play online and i only notic one maybe 2 like that hardly millions is it.:noob:
    actually the people that cheat usually have no skills in terms of movement and as a result are easy to hit as long as somebody else is closer (thus taking precedence by the aimbot).

as for not a lot of cheaters... well... there seems to be an eb and flow... few months ago we'd get 1 or 2 a week on our server... lately hardly any (in terms of what is caught by antiTCC). where you'll find them is on demo servers. a lot of people don't play on demo servers which is why a lot of people don't see cheaters. i'd be willing to bet Lethargy doesn't play on too many demo servers.

since early 2003, i have seen maybe 4 or 5 botters on standard servers and 4 or 5 on demo servers. i've probably played 500 hrs on antitcc servers for every 1 hr on a demo server.

as for aiming... well i love the circle w/dot in the center for LG and shock. mostly strafe shots and twitch shots. a lot of hitscan aiming is how good your reflexes are which unfortunately is often a natural skill and not an acquired skill. what i'm saying is you will reach a maximum ability at which point you will no longer be able to get any better. IMO.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Chaos, I was in your rut less then a few months ago. But now, I'm able to dodgejump into the main room on GrendleKeep, spot someone and shoot them immediately. And my aim is an average of 20-22% (up from 14-8%, lol).

First of all, you gotta forcemodel to bright ol Gorge (so you can always spot people, even in the shadows a mile away). Unless you are playing on utcomp servers, in which you have brightskins (but even then, I suggest you forcemodel to someone, so someone with a bizzare model doesn't throw off your aim).

As for crosshair, I'm still trying to find the best one myself. Although I'm using a dot with a black outline atm, lots of people swear by this. I also had success with an upsidedown L shape, this helps if you're doing a lot of movement (which you should) and works at almost any range.

A really good trick is to actually play without a crosshair for a while. It becomes instinct then and you react instantly to enemy movements (close range spam goodness here). Give it a try.

Playing instagib can help, even if it's not your favourite gametype. You're living, breathing hitscan that way. Plus, you'll learn how to dodge sniper fire (cause you're dead if you don't).

Finally, practice. About 150 hours should start to get you results and there's no getting around it. Keep practicing and trying new things and eventually, it will come.

GL.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lethargy If that makes you feel good i hope you enjoyed it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I never had a prob with the new controls for ut2004 and believe me must people who aim so well and hardly get hit almust 9 out of 10 cheat so i woulded worrie.

You hax to the max! Put your aimbot away you cheater!
    Please do not be the guy that calls everyone that beats them a hacker, there are plenty of those already... it's almost worse than actually cheating. There really are very few people that cheat in ut2004, I've seen 3 and I've been playing since the game first came out (and I mean playing a lot, probably about 2000 hours by now).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    man! under the General Duscusion there was an awesome threat that explained it beautifully - too drunk to get it now

will do so for you in the morrow

but basicly it is a combination of three things

1) fire when the cross hair is on target (sometimes instinctive)

2) fire when the target crosses your cross hair (planned)

3) twitch fire (hard to explain but basicly you fire as you twich the crosshair on target) meaning you FIRE as you move the MOUSE on the target

the last can be amazingly acurate but is hard to explain in words - you get a good idea when you watch two really good players go at it

I'll get you that thread when I am sober tomorrow and you are still interested...

as to moving combos - believe it or not - that is just practise practise and practise and if you miss more practise

Leave a comment:

• replied
    cyghost, 2 things, how do u aim ur hitscan, do u wait till crosshair lands on enemy, like while their strafing hold it near them wait for them to walk in2 it and then fire, or try and aim at where they are at that moment, also how in HELL do u fight in close combat like that :X u must move the mouse loads, or have mouse accel on?

oh any tips for doing moving shock comboes? and when should you use shock primary, lightning primary, or switch to a close weapon, particularly on dm-rankin? ur help is MUCH appreciated

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I might have misunderstood you

but!

aimbotting doesn't make it hard to hit anyone - they just hit you first!

eeeeeek

idiots are they and clueless at life to boot

enough said

TGIF

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I said must people who aim so well and dont get hit cheat. I play online and i only notic one maybe 2 like that hardly millions is it.:noob:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I never had a prob with the new controls for ut2004 and believe me must people who aim so well and hardly get hit almust 9 out of 10 cheat so i woulded worrie.
    I am sorry sir but you are *wrong* and adding to the hype that there are millions of cheaters out there - there are many many many ppl out there with incredible aim, don't shoot them down in flames when you have no idea

to threat starter: m8 the only way is to play and to play and to play

my fov is 100 and sensitivity is 1 - hitscan rocks and in close I can *still* turn quick enough to land the flak at your feet and that only comes from doing it a lot

say it with me: muscle memory

so the answer and the only answer is: find the fov and sensitivity that you are comfortable with and then play play play

have fun

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My FOV is 100 and mouse sensitivity is 2. It works well for me. I've been getting pretty good with LG lately as I've been practicing a lot with it. Hit lots of shots while on the move and getting a surprising number of headshots (surprising at least for me). Lots of times I'll hit 2 out of 3 body shots for a kill while both me and the target is moving. Then there are some days where I can't seem to hit anything.

I think you just need to get something you're mostly comfortable with and then sticking with it. As for crosshairs, I use the standard crosshair but double in size and bright yellow. Again this is just something I've become accustomed to using, not out of any special preference other than that the standard crosshair didn't stand out enough for me against the backgrounds.

I still have lots of work on the shock combos but I haven't been practicing as much with that as with the LG.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Get your crosshair goodness here :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i cant find any fov or mouse sens comfortable

Leave a comment:

Working...
X