Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UDK Forums Moving to forums.unrealengine.com

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Apart from the login bug i was thinking something else that loud be good for us.Since you want all of the udk developers to go to the unreal engine place i loud like to ask for some things that i think are free.We know that udk wont have any updates and we are managing with what we have to finish our games but it loud be a good idea if you Chance coud ask the developers to come from time to time in the udk section and share some free knoledge/opinion on the current projects.Im sure they havent forgotten the old ways
    Another thing that im not sure if its going to be ok with epic..but here i go....
    Epic released a lot of assets from Infinity Blade for free for ue4 users.Im sure that the team from Infinity blade made quite a few kismet scripts for the game mechanics(specially ones that are related to steam,achievements etc.)If you guys have a pack of scripts ant old stuff that arent going to be used it coud make a good present for the dudes that are still making their games in udk and want to go commercial.(its benefits for Epic too )

    Please,think about it.

    Comment


      #17
      Epic / Chance,

      Before the forums are closed for good, please restore them to a usable level.
      For example, please fix the search system and any other outstanding bugs below so that the UDK forums remain complete.

      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Problem-#1:
      Its been a month since any new posts showed up in the search index....

      Problem-#2:
      I responded to a thread by this user, but that thread has just vanished. And related to #1, if you try & view outstanding posts by certain users you just get :

      Code:
      vBulletin Message
      Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Why does any of this matter now?

      Say you want to leave a work-in-progress thread to link the new and old forums, then ideally that should show up in the search index & 'find latest posts' by user etc...



      ....Anyone else since seeing this or other similar forum-fubar and want to add to it?

      Comment


        #18
        Hey all, I wanted to let everyone know that we think we've got the search problems mentioned above sorted out. Let us know if you're still experiencing problems

        Regarding IE9 support for the new forums, it's not something that is currently on our roadmap due to the remarkably small amount of traffic we get from that browser. Is there any way to use a newer version if IE or another more universally supported browser like Chrome or Firefox?

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Chance.Ivey View Post
          .....think we've got the search problems mentioned above sorted out. Let us know if you're still experiencing problems
          Nope, still broken. Nothing for November or early December. The search mostly jumps back to October for the sample users I tested.
          But maybe this is a deliberate semi-fix that ensures future posts show up reliably at least, is that what you're getting at Chance?
          Also, still pushing to get the search system fixed / tweaked on the new forums.... Do you think that'll be possible sometime?

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by frankit View Post
            Nope, still broken. Nothing for November or early December. The search mostly jumps back to October for the sample users I tested.
            But maybe this is a deliberate semi-fix that ensures future posts show up reliably at least, is that what you're getting at Chance?
            Also, still pushing to get the search system fixed / tweaked on the new forums.... Do you think that'll be possible sometime?
            The problem was with an indexing service that wasn't operating correctly during that timeframe but it's back on its feet now! . I can check to see if the indexer can retroactively grab those as well, though we should be indexing results moving forward.


            Regarding searching for only UDK vs UE4 at forums.unrealengine.com, "Advanced search", allows you to decide which forums you want to include / exclude in search. That's how you'd selectively search between content types

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Chance.Ivey View Post
              The problem was with an indexing service that wasn't operating correctly during that timeframe but it's back on its feet now! . I can check to see if the indexer can retroactively grab those as well, though we should be indexing results moving forward.
              Cool if you can

              Originally posted by Chance.Ivey View Post
              Regarding searching for only UDK vs. UE4 at forums.unrealengine.com, "Advanced search", allows you to decide which forums you want to include / exclude in search. That's how you'd selectively search between content types
              Understood! Not a huge issue now that we know the old forums will stay as a separate site...

              Comment


                #22
                @Chance:
                Any update on UE4 forum search limitations?

                A. Say you want to know if Blueprints Corruption is a thing of the past... If you do a keyword search on "blueprint corruption" the forum search returns with: "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: ".. That happens, even if you filter by a single forum, use your own username and/or specify 'find threads with 10 replies' etc..!!!

                B. 'Exact keyword' search .... Example: Search for posts with the word Universe but ignore posts with University & Universal etc?

                A. Search by URL (Kickstarter URL for example).

                Comment


                  #23
                  Hey frankit - I'll note the request, but feel free to take the conversation up over on the other forums so we can better track issues and requests

                  Thanks!

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Chance.Ivey View Post
                    Hey frankit - I'll note the request, but feel free to take the conversation up over on the other forums so we can better track issues and requests
                    Sure thing. Recently mentioned it to Alexander Paschall....

                    Comment


                      #25
                      very good thanks you thanks you!

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Please inform us with final instructions before the change happens.I really didnt understood what to expect(having the forum closed here and used as a wikipedia thing or it will be moved (link and all stuff)
                        And a merry christmas to everyone!

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Hey majic12 - Initially, these forums will be set to read only, meaning no new posts can be made. Longer term, Our plan is to archive them in a searchable way, keeping threaded information intact. We'll have more information on that as things progress. In the mean time, feel free to head over to unrealengine.com and set up an account. At forums.unrealengine.com, you'll see a UDK section at the bottom where new conversations regarding UDK will take place moving forward.

                          Everyone: We plan on turning posting off to these forums this weekend. If anyone has any issue with that, please let me know! Shoot me a PM or reply here.

                          Thanks everybody!

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Cool.I do have an account there.The first day it opened lol.
                            By the way,udn and more importantly this page:
                            http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ContentHome.html

                            Will be left as it is?No changes planned,right?
                            I still find my self browsing it daily.

                            O and one more thing.By

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Hmm.The edit message didnt work...Here i go :
                              O and one more thing.By

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Hmm.The edit message didnt work...Here i go :
                                By having the forum set to set to read does this mean the search function will work?Its the most important thing.


                                Sorry for the triple post but the text doesnt get remebered by the page??

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X