• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks for a informative post

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for a informative post. I'm newly register here and hoping that post will helpful for me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Links in this thread
    https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...e-for-Download

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I saw that Teglec said march 2010 release was the best overall, but it doesn't support landscapes... can anyone tell me which would be the best one supporting landscapes and fracture mesh ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I would definitely appreciate if there's available download for UDK-01-2015. I'm having tough times finding that one on google and on this forum. This is for my school project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyone interested, I updated the download links with all the builds I could find.

The added links are from a Game Academy located in Shanghai China. They are direct downloads and are safe. There Link:http://www.gamea.com.cn/
    There Downloads are here: http://www.gamea.com.cn/download.htm

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tegleg View Post
    yes i have been waiting for 4.7 hoping it will crash less so i can try and get on with stuff.

just treat the terrain as you would a landscape. i think the only drawback is performance on huge terrains, but then that build is very fast anyway so it might even out.

the thing is with the march 2010 build, its when they ironed out most of the bugs and everything (almost) just worked. sure it is lacking some cool stuff but if your game doesn't need them then so what.
    after that time i think something changed internally in epic, or how they viewed/wanted to do with udk, and they started to pile on broken features at an alarming rate.
    udk continued to bloat with mostly broken features up until the end.
    i fear ue4 is being made in a similar way but with the addition of the community fixing and implementing things. it will be interesting to see where it goes.
    It's a shame Epic Games just abandoned UDK like that. I was afraid releasing UE3 for free felt too good to be true and they may not have kept to their word about getting UDK fully functional... Guess I was right....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Djohn View Post
    Have you been following the progress for UE4 v4.7? They're up to Preview 8 and stuff is still broken <head shake>.
    yes i have been waiting for 4.7 hoping it will crash less so i can try and get on with stuff.
    Pity about landscapes, does a workaround exist for that?
    just treat the terrain as you would a landscape. i think the only drawback is performance on huge terrains, but then that build is very fast anyway so it might even out.

the thing is with the march 2010 build, its when they ironed out most of the bugs and everything (almost) just worked. sure it is lacking some cool stuff but if your game doesn't need them then so what.
    after that time i think something changed internally in epic, or how they viewed/wanted to do with udk, and they started to pile on broken features at an alarming rate.
    udk continued to bloat with mostly broken features up until the end.
    i fear ue4 is being made in a similar way but with the addition of the community fixing and implementing things. it will be interesting to see where it goes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi TKBS,

Thank you for this info. It is quite a clever way to compare builds, it's really helpful. Appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed answer.

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
    I find it beneficial to get users notes on UDK releases & the UDK Documentation release notes, it paints a good picture of the stability etc. Below you can find some additional Information that may help

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cheers also Tegleg.... Pity about landscapes, does a workaround exist for that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, tegleg. I appreciate you taking the time to break it down so well (both posts). As an aside, I was trying out the America's Army Proving Grounds beta yesterday and the editor is the March 2012 (2012-03, build 9656), including the change list number. They probably have a lot of things running in native code, so upgrading the base engine probably wouldn't be worth it. I think Ubisoft is still using a (heavily modified) 2.5 version of UE2 for games like Blacklist.

Anyway, thanks again. I too am surprised that Epic left people hanging like this. They of all people know that game development is a long-term process and they even recommend on their own page that if you have a project in progress, you are better off staying with UDK. I guess it just underscores the point that they aren't doing any of this to be nice (although they are happy to take the compliments); it's all part of their business model and free beta testers are a good thing. Have you been following the progress for UE4 v4.7? They're up to Preview 8 and stuff is still broken <head shake>. Either they bit off more than they can chew, or they seriously need to reexamine their internal testing process.

Originally posted by tegleg View Post
    feb 15 build seems pretty good and stable
    march 2010 was the most stable, fastest, lightest version overall. just about everything is working well with very few bugs. if you dont need any of the third party stuff (or ios probably) and want your game to be light and fast use that.
    it was a few before they started to bloat udk with 3rd party expense and the bugs those introduced.
    before landscape but terrains are performing well. it still uses uiscenes (easy to use built in gui editor) and is before scaleform was introduced.
    it will run on old graphics cards with shader model 2. that build has a lot going for it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Djohn View Post
    Thanks, tegleg, I was wondering which build was the most stable. Are you including the Feb 15 build in this comparison?
    feb 15 build seems pretty good and stable
    march 2010 was the most stable, fastest, lightest version overall. just about everything is working well with very few bugs. if you dont need any of the third party stuff (or ios probably) and want your game to be light and fast use that.
    it was a few before they started to bloat udk with 3rd party expense and the bugs those introduced.
    before landscape but terrains are performing well. it still uses uiscenes (easy to use built in gui editor) and is before scaleform was introduced.
    it will run on old graphics cards with shader model 2. that build has a lot going for it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @TKBS

Check your Inbox... I sent you a message.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wrote a tutorial for XCom modding, you can download the Link to the UDKInstall-2011-09-BETA build here;

swap you 09 for 08 please?
    (Request: UDK 2011-08-BETA)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have all the 2010 builds... including the ones you can't get anymore... I feel the the 2011-11 was the best of the 2011 builds which is no longer available for download.

@TKBS: I still can't get a working link for 2011-09.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X