Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Looking for Older Versions of UDK?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Djohn View Post
    Have you been following the progress for UE4 v4.7? They're up to Preview 8 and stuff is still broken <head shake>.
    yes i have been waiting for 4.7 hoping it will crash less so i can try and get on with stuff.
    Pity about landscapes, does a workaround exist for that?
    just treat the terrain as you would a landscape. i think the only drawback is performance on huge terrains, but then that build is very fast anyway so it might even out.

the thing is with the march 2010 build, its when they ironed out most of the bugs and everything (almost) just worked. sure it is lacking some cool stuff but if your game doesn't need them then so what.
    after that time i think something changed internally in epic, or how they viewed/wanted to do with udk, and they started to pile on broken features at an alarming rate.
    udk continued to bloat with mostly broken features up until the end.
    i fear ue4 is being made in a similar way but with the addition of the community fixing and implementing things. it will be interesting to see where it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by tegleg View Post
      yes i have been waiting for 4.7 hoping it will crash less so i can try and get on with stuff.

just treat the terrain as you would a landscape. i think the only drawback is performance on huge terrains, but then that build is very fast anyway so it might even out.

the thing is with the march 2010 build, its when they ironed out most of the bugs and everything (almost) just worked. sure it is lacking some cool stuff but if your game doesn't need them then so what.
      after that time i think something changed internally in epic, or how they viewed/wanted to do with udk, and they started to pile on broken features at an alarming rate.
      udk continued to bloat with mostly broken features up until the end.
      i fear ue4 is being made in a similar way but with the addition of the community fixing and implementing things. it will be interesting to see where it goes.
      It's a shame Epic Games just abandoned UDK like that. I was afraid releasing UE3 for free felt too good to be true and they may not have kept to their word about getting UDK fully functional... Guess I was right....

Comment

Anyone interested, I updated the download links with all the builds I could find.

The added links are from a Game Academy located in Shanghai China. They are direct downloads and are safe. There Link:http://www.gamea.com.cn/
        There Downloads are here: http://www.gamea.com.cn/download.htm

Comment

Hi, I would definitely appreciate if there's available download for UDK-01-2015. I'm having tough times finding that one on google and on this forum. This is for my school project.

Comment

I saw that Teglec said march 2010 release was the best overall, but it doesn't support landscapes... can anyone tell me which would be the best one supporting landscapes and fracture mesh ?

Comment

Links in this thread
              https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...e-for-Download

Comment

Thanks for a informative post. I'm newly register here and hoping that post will helpful for me

Comment

Thanks for a informative post

Comment

Working...
                  X