Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Epic, will ios cars ever be fixed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic, will ios cars ever be fixed?

ey up

ue4 is amazing and everything, but will take a reasonably long time to learn, meaning i wont be releasing any games, or updating any games any time soon.
    i already have a number of released ios titles made with udk and always intended updating 1 in particular that is car based.
    dont care about facepalm (whatever) and things like that, cars however are literally only 1 step above pawns and an integral part of any game engine.
    its a shame to completely kill UDK and leave it dead over such a core element, specially when it is still the best looking engine of its generation.

will they ever be fixed?

cheers

guess not then...
    heres a beautifully crafted map by Epic Award Winning Steven Horton that nobody will ever play

Comment

I know where you are going tegleg but they said no more updates To tell the truth i already accepted that and gona move probably to unity 5 when it comes out.If you like vehicle systems ive noticed that the unity market place have tons of difrent vehicle system(air,ground,water)In the end i supose that you will have to learn a new engine from scratch without regard which one you choose.

Comment

since i have ue4 and a decent opportunity with some great devs i have been trying to get into it, but its slow hard work with many brick walls.
        u***y 4 basically blows ue4 out the water in every way apart from rendering and the source access, u***y 5 will equal or better those fancy materials (that really dont bother me anyway) and probably not be such a gfx card killer, and be a finished engine.

but its such a shame i cant update my game made with udk

Comment

Originally posted by majic12 View Post
          I know where you are going tegleg but they said no more updates To tell the truth i already accepted that and gona move probably to unity 5 when it comes out.If you like vehicle systems ive noticed that the unity market place have tons of difrent vehicle system(air,ground,water)In the end i supose that you will have to learn a new engine from scratch without regard which one you choose.
          They actually said they would do updates if it was required for any new iOS requirements.

While we are at it, updates for iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 would be nice too.

Comment

Where did you read that? https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...ur-needs/page3 Here in post five Chance Ivey clearly wrote "we have no plans for future updates and cannot guarantee resolve on outstanding issues. With this, we strongly encourage any UDK users to make the switch over to UE4 "

Comment

Agree wholeheartedly with Majic12...
              I've spoken directly with Epic in recent months, and its clear they're swamped.
              UE4 still needs substantial work and they're not likely to be looking back.
              Its best to assume they won't update anything anymore or won't update what you want.
              This is what happened to me... Its a pain... But all the momentum is with UE4, that's just the reality...

Comment

Originally posted by majic12 View Post
                Where did you read that? https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...ur-needs/page3 Here in post five Chance Ivey clearly wrote "we have no plans for future updates and cannot guarantee resolve on outstanding issues. With this, we strongly encourage any UDK users to make the switch over to UE4 "
                I think you guys are misunderstanding. In the thread your linking to, the discussion is about UDK and bugs in general. Clearly they won't do any big updates or priority fixing bugs that have been broken for long, and in general they are right when they say most people should move on. But mandatory updates required for iOS will still be done when needed (though I don't know about the vehicle situation).
                Read this post.

I also sent a mail to Paul and he didn't say there would no more UDK builds (though he didn't know when they would come).

Comment

oh well
                  will they do the same with ue4 i wonder...

(an imaginary but likely scenario, Epic some time in the future)
                  ~~'right youz guys,
                  UE4 is broken so much in so many ways your game cannot be completed.
                  you wasted your time and we dont give a *"$%.
                  just move over to our brand new sparkly fairy dust UE5'~~

Comment

With UE4 the source is open, so we won't be dependent on Epic.

But I fully agree that the way Epic threat us UDK users are unacceptable.

Comment

It would be cool that epic kept UDK up to date, i mean why have only 1 engine when you can have 2 ? 2 flavours instead of just 1.
                      Atleast we are not in the Gamespy users state.

Comment

Working...
                      X