X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important Notice for iOS Developers Using UE3/UDK

Attention iOS Developers -

iOS apps using Unreal Engine 3 or UDK may experience crashing when used on iOS 8 beta releases. When iOS 8 ships this Fall, it will include a temporary workaround allowing current apps on the App Store to run unmodified. Moving forward, however, any new apps or app updates using UE3/UDK and the iOS 8 SDK must be rebuilt using the August 2014 builds of UE3/UDK to ensure compatibility. As always, we recommend updating to the latest version of the engine.

If you have any questions, let me know. I'll help get you sorted out.

Chance Ivey
    Epic Games

When are you gona update the august build on the udk page?Right now is only on demand.I know that ue4 is the way to go now but i hope that epic just will upload a final build that resolves the issues people are having ios7-8.I for example like to work with udk.Not becouse im afraid of ue4,it because i dont have the time to sit down and learn it in calmly right now.So please epic,continue to support udk and give us signs from time to time(like this one)that you are listening to the comunity.

Thanks Chance Ivey.

Comment

Second that. We'd really appreciate a bug list of bugs that are currently being worked on...
      Replication has been mentioned and for me and others that have written to you this:

Crowds-Agents and Replication...

Comment

The August build is stable for iOS, i have submitted updates for my AppStore games that got approved.

However, you need to remove the "iTunesArtwork" file from the Build/iPhone folder, otherwise you can't upload the IPA. And you need to add this key to the plist file, that matches the app version in iTunes connect:

Code:
        <key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
        <string>1.0</string>
        But it's great to hear there is a temporary workaround for existing Apps.

Comment

Originally posted by majic12 View Post
          When are you gona update the august build on the udk page?Right now is only on demand.I know that ue4 is the way to go now but i hope that epic just will upload a final build that resolves the issues people are having ios7-8.I for example like to work with udk.Not becouse im afraid of ue4,it because i dont have the time to sit down and learn it in calmly right now.So please epic,continue to support udk and give us signs from time to time(like this one)that you are listening to the comunity.

Thanks Chance Ivey.
          August build should be up Here

I'll check into the other questions you guys have.

Chance

Comment

We are currently focusing on the more critical bugs and will update UDK as appropriate to address some of these things. Moving forward, we encourage you all to take advantage of all the new features and full source access in Unreal Engine 4.

Chance

Comment

Hey Chance,
              Just updated our game to the new build, big thanks to the team for sorting these issues out!

Quick question, FacebookRequest, it seems people are reporting that it does not work. Posting to wall works fine on my end but requests i can confirm to not be working. Even after referencing facebooks v2.1 graph api explorer for correct requests.
              Figured id post here aswell so the team may be able to look into it for future updates.

Comment

Thanks for the update! Glad to see that UDK got some love these days.

Comment

Originally posted by DemoMan2 View Post
                  Thanks for the update! Glad to see that UDK got some love these days.
                  couldnt agree more

however

Comment

Hi I have tried to rebuild the game with Aug UDK release, but there are 2 bugs.

A huge bug, which is described here https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...1#post31883605

If you simply add a car to a map. The game crashes one the iphone/ipad. Will there a fix for the bug in the near future? This would be very important. Because everybody, who uses cars, has trouble with this issue.

Another bug with the facebookRequest is described here: https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...1#post31883740
                    This bug is not so important . There exists the possibility to program a workaround in UnrealScript.

Comment

Working...
                    X