Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

November 2012 UDK now available!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Sorry but my english is poor)

There is an IMPORTANT QUESTION About The mobile landscape system:

Is only for modern devices?

Can I run on Iphone 3gs a game made with this version with FULL FEATURES, including landscapes with NO LIMITATIONS?

You know, the more less speed of system, the more less detailed graphics, but with all features for multi platform?

Comment

Originally posted by waska View Post
      I'm having trouble compiling my existing Code Base, after installing the November Beta, using the Clean Starter Project Tool option. I'm not using any UT related stuff, so an UDK base stripped of all UT content and source codes is very fine. However, some of my classes are based on UDKBase classes. Now when i try to compile my game, i get the error "Superclass UDKProjectile not found". I managed to find out that it seems to be related to the compilation order of script packages. When i manually edit the UDKEngine.ini and cut and paste the line "EditPackages=UDKBase" before the line "EditPackages=MyGame" (under [UnrealEd.EditorEngine]) it works. But that doesn't really feels right (UDKEngine.ini may be overwritten by DefaultEngine.ini). I tried to manually edit DefaultEngine.ini but to no avail. Whenever UDKEngine.ini is created, "EditPackages=UDKBase" comes after "EditPackages=MyGame" and i get a compile error.
      I find it strange that the clean UDK installation wouldn't let me derive me from UDKBase.

EDIT:
      I managed it. By manually editing the DefaultEngine.ini and DefaultEngineUDK.ini the compilation order is now right and there are no more compilation errors. Still, i wonder why that won't work out of the box. It's not like they stripped UDKBase from the clean install. It's part of the base UDK, right? Why would my package be compiled before UDKBase and not the other way around?

EDIT #2:
      What is this? A minute ago, the Editor (Win64) would just start fine, now it gives me an error warning about managed code and a missing UDK.exe.config file and exits. I had to manually copy the UDK.exe.config file from the July BETA into the Binaries\Win64 folder in order to get the Editor running again. Aren't updates supposed to make an application more stable? Why are files disappearing like that?

EDIT #3:
      Trying to get the November update to work. Using my Package will crash UDK. Spend the better of the last two hours to make it work. Until i realized that not only UDK.exe.config was gone, but half of the Binaries in the Binaries\Win64 folder. The reason UDK couldn't load my Packages was simply the fact that the UE3ShaderCompileWorker.exe was missing and upon compiling the shaders, UDK simply crashed. And i went over all my assets in search for dangling references and whatnot.
      I'm just sharing this in case somebody experiences this too. Make sure your UDK installation is complete. I uninstalled and then immediately re-installed UDK and that worked.
      Thank you very much for sharing this! I had the same problem with classes that extended stuff in UDKBase. But then I read your post and made sure to add EditPackages=UDKBase before EditPackages=MyGame. Problem fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMasquerader View Post
        Thank you very much for sharing this! I had the same problem with classes that extended stuff in UDKBase. But then I read your post and made sure to add EditPackages=UDKBase before EditPackages=MyGame. Problem fixed!
        I was having this problem too, and just for clarity, the only thing I had to adjust was moving +EditPackages=UDKBase inside DefaultEngineUDK.ini within section [UnrealEd.EditorEngine]. As of the July 2013 build that is line #59 and moving it to line #56.

Comment

Great! All the new i-Devices now officially supported!

Comment

Working...
          X