This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    yes the exe isnt opening i downloaded it 5 times and to no avail please fix it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have XP and it's not working either. Could you please try to fix it? or does anybody knows a way of fixing it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am having alot of trouble running this program. When I down load the file it shows it's a rar file but when I put it on my pc it show's up as a photoshop doc which it's not. I have .net frame work ver 4 installed and everything.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a suggestion for the software.One useful option would be to be able to automatically add a VP in 90 degree angle to a selected VP. For example I select a place for VP1 then I add a VP2 but it is not related to VP1.From what I know an objects VPs are thought to have 90degree angle between each other.So I do not know how great would the use be...but if it is coded that the user places one VP or many...and selects the VP he desires,after a key combination the software places the opposite side VP on a 90degree angle....based by that grid for example.I'm not sure how helpful that would be and is it really needed but it will have to imply the Station Point in it,now that I think about it...Maybe this will have to imply an option if the user desires to place a station point and get a relation based system that he could manipulate....change the StP and have his VPs change,based on that.anyway I just put this out in the discussion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Warren, I'm a Comics Illustrator, a Mac user (OS X, 10.6.8), I don't have a PC and I can't stretch enough how useful this tool you've created is to me, which, unfortunately, I can't use.

I'd really wish you would create a Mac version soon. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is a dream tool for me as an Illustrator. Thanks so much Warren!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mac version seems unlikely in the short term. The main reason being, I don't have a Mac. But maybe one day...

ScheherazadeNeRai - Blergh. Then yeah, it must be something XP specific then. That's too bad. I don't think we're going to open source this right now but maybe in the future...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very Cool!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi.Just wanted to note that besides having fun with it....I started using it in an project and it really speeds up things!Really thanks man!May love light be with you in all your work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have .NET 4.0 installed already, so I'm inclined to think that it's an XP issue. If you can't find the problem on your own, would it help if it was open sourced under a restrictive license? That way, more people could contribute to it, maybe port it to Mono (for the Mac users), and hopefully find the problem with my XP machine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Warren, this is a super dope tool. Any chance of a Mac version?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It requires .NET 4.0 so that might be the issue ... beyond that, I'm not sure! I wrote and tested it on Windows 7 so if there's some XP specific issue I'm not sure...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for this tool - it looks really useful. I'm having a problem with it though - while it works on my Windows 7 laptop, when I try to use it with my Windows XP tablet PC, I get an error message ('Carapace has encountered a problem and needs to close'). I looked at the Event Viewer and it says 'The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception'. Is Carapace not suited to the tablet pc edition of XP?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WarrenM View Post
    I don't entirely follow what you're asking for here. Is there a link you could send me that explains it better?

Get a blank sheet of paper. Bend one in half so it forms the side of a box. Imagine a 2D orthographic view of some drawing from the side on the the side of the paper (we'll use a circle in this example). Now imagine a circle on the bottom flat portion. Now imagine a STRAIGHT LINE coming out from a single point on the circle going straight up from the bottom, now imagine a straight line coming out from one point on right side so that both lines meet in the middle. Where the lines meet form the beginning of a shape, you repeat that process for each dot on an outline and you get a 3D volume.

I got a pic here... I'm simplifying a bit here because usually you want back/front ortho as well but you can see the potential for skilled artists to make up any deficit esp when checking work/trying to find the right 'look' and compare against things you've photgraphed, seen, etc, etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by okuma_10 View Post
    It would be great if indeed this was somewhat linked to photoshop more directly so we can get the different vanishing points on a different layer,since having that much lines one over the other gets distracting and confusing(especially when we add VP3+).One simple idea could be to simply add a visibility toggle for a selected VP.Since now if I wish to save each VP on a separate layer I have to delete all other VP's to do that, and lose the position I have chosen or made traced.
    Yep, copying each point to a different layer is something I'd like to do. I think I'll add a toggle to disable the selected point so you'll be able to copy out the points you want without having to delete the others. It's on the list!

Originally posted by supre888 View Post
    I'd love for someone to make volume estimates that can be used as model checkers for modelling/prototyping in sculptris using box orthographic views, i.e. draw a line from side ortho and bottom ortho and where the line meets you get a rough 3D volume outline of the shape.

It should be fairly easy to cast lines based based on correctly oriented bitmaps on the sides of a box. I'd love to have a tool like that and it should be fairly easy to write one. If someone can pass the message on to someone at epic that could poke someone to make it, I'd love you guys for eternity.

http://www.pixologic.com/sculptris/
    I don't entirely follow what you're asking for here. Is there a link you could send me that explains it better?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X