Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UDK Royalty Threshold Raised to US$50,000

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now waiting for Android support, the only thing missing.

Comment

Originally posted by razormax View Post
      Now waiting for Android support, the only thing missing.
      I wonder if anything will be revealed at GDC...

Comment

Originally posted by Dealman View Post
        Mark, do you guys actually make any Profit by doing this...? Or is it just 'cause y'all are Epically Generous and cool?
        In order for us to make money with UDK the developers who use it have to make money first. That's a win-win for everyone involved.

Comment

Almost have as much love now for Epic as when they made Tyrian all those years ago.

Thanks for supporting Indie Devs guys!

Comment

Man! I like waking up to news like that! Starting a business is stressful enough in and on itself and this change makes it less likely to go out of business with the first title produced... which in the end is, as Mark said, a win win for both sides.

Kudos!

Comment

I may be a little late to the party, but I would like to thank Epic for this truly awesome change.

Edit:
              One quick question, will the UDK Royalty Report file be updated to reflect this change soon?

Comment

Much appreciated and very generous of you guys. I know a lot of people that will be happy with that news.

Is the $99 license fee per game or per studio? I know you mentioned venture but wondered if ventue is the business or title released? Not that it really matters $99 is peanuts

Well Done!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
                  In order for us to make money with UDK the developers who use it have to make money first. That's a win-win for everyone involved.
                  Not just that, but even if they don't make 50,000$ -- they can use their project for a portfolio to get hired at a larger developer who then will have a larger amount of new employees trained on Unreal Technology "for some strange reason".

It's almost always the outside the box thinkers that end up winning. Congrats on being the early sensible ones Epic.

Thank you Epic.

Comment

This is just pure awesomeness! This is great for starting indie companies like us.

Thank you Epic!

Comment

so, so good! very exciting stuff! thank you!!

Comment

Thanks for explaining this crucial bit of info. Really appreciated.

Comment

I love you Epic <3

Comment

Originally posted by Dn2 View Post
                            Epic is epic? I think so..
                            Quoted for truth, good sir

Comment

Nice....now this should encourage those who looked at the $5,000 previous agreement and said "Hell no" to try UDK out now.

Comment

Well done Epic, having just endured a term on business financing and entrepreneurship, this is a smart move. Robbing early stage companies of initial capital is a good way to kill them off quickly, which would ultimately lower your revenues as well. This is a win-win, you ultimately care about sales of sufficient scale (50k seems reasonable), and small studios ultimately care about that initial capital flow. Smart move.

Comment

Working...
                                X