Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

How to make static meshes stuck to each other

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make static meshes stuck to each other

Hey !

I'm currently in trouble with a simple thing in UDK3, (im a beginner).
    It's about stuck static meshes to each other. I want a group of object to make a single one, that can be modify as my wish.

I have made a composition of object to make a bridge, there is like 20 object (8 are visible in the following image):
    http://www.noelshack.com/2015-50-1449487880-4.png
    This object has been rotated by 45 degrees on the green axis compare to the initial rotation 0; 0; 0.

Now I switch to Local, because I need to rotate the group like that to make a bridge that go up, so I take the blue axis and I rotate it quite a few, making some complete circle, etc... and without touching anything else than the blue axis rotation, my group of object "explode" and every object rotation gone wild and it looks like **** after that :
    http://www.noelshack.com/2015-50-1449487889-5.png
    When I do that without the rotation of 45 on the green axis, it works juste fine.

I have try to create prefab to group them, a simple group (ctrl-G), reset each axis to default, but still dont work.

Thanks !

make sure rotation is set to world and not local.

Comment

Thanks for the answers, I will try that and take you inform.

Comment

I still don't find the answer to my problem and I kinda give up. The only way I find to avoid this, is to re-make the composition with world axis reference by putting individually and to every object, the rotation you want them to finally have. Then turn the whole thing always in world.

Comment

Working...
        X