Help with UDK with STEAM Achievements implementation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with UDK with STEAM Achievements implementation

I think I am very close... but having some trouble with the exact syntax to get a sample test achievement to work.

I have gone into the defaultengine.ini and added my test achievement...

Code:
    +AchievementMappings=(AchievementId=1,AchievementName=NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_LEVEL5,ViewId=3,ProgressCount=1,MaxProgress=2,bAutoUnlock=True)

But not sure about the "ViewId"

I don't really see any ViewId anywhere on the Steam backend setup control panel section... Just "ID"

1/1
    1/2
    1/3 etc.

I assume the 1/1, 1/2, 1/3 etc. where the 1 is the Achievement Id and the number after the "/" is the viewid, correct?

so it would be 1=AchievementId and 2=ViewId ?

Or is the the opposite? 1 is Viewid and 3 is AchievementId?

Also... this is how I am actually implementing it in the actual udk game...

Code:
    MyPlayerController(PlayerOwner).ClientUpdateAchievement(NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_LEVEL5, 1);
    Is that the best way do activate the achievement?

Thanks
    Bill

Still having issues... no achievements are being unlocked... and not sure if its my udk code or if its something on steam

Question:
    I added this to defaultengine.ini

+AchievementMappings=(AchievementId=1,AchievementN ame=NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_LEVEL5,ViewId=3,ProgressCount= 1,MaxProgress=2,bAutoUnlock=True)

As long as the "backend" on Steam has been setup properly is it as simple as doing this 1 line of code to unlocking an achievement?

MyPlayerController(PlayerOwner).ClientUpdateAchiev ement(NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_LEVEL5, 1);

Or are there more things I need to do to setup stuff for this to work?

If I was doing this in C++ i would follow the exact step shown in the sdk... but I assume the onlinesubsystem is supposed to handle all the steam stuff easier

Comment

I've posted some follow up information on your other thread here: https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...ments-with-UDK

Comment

Working...
      X