Light Cycle Game PLEASE HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light Cycle Game PLEASE HELP!

Hi, i'm new to the forum and relatively new to using UDK.

I am competent with using Kismet and Matinee but I have recently been trying to create a light cycle game, one similar to that of Tron or Armagetron. Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this in the forum, but I could really use some help. I know NO unreal script programming and I think I need to use that to make the game. I just would like some help as to how to get the bikes to constantly travel at a certain speed and have the player be able to firstly control them and be able to turn the bike 90 degrees either way when tapping the 'a' or 'd' keys. Also I need to create a constant barrier coming out the back of the bike while traveling. I believe I need to use particle effects for this but I'm not completely sure...

I know this might be a bit of a strange request but I really have no idea where to go for help other than these forums. If anyone knows anything that might help me make this kind of game, I would really appreciate it. Pretty much any help would be great.

Thanks.

Constant barrier, a cylinder would be enough .

Level barriers, blocking volumes would be enough.

For bike rotation, just use rotators, i guess there is a kismet note that sets rotation.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, but I don't actually know how to do any of the stuff you mentioned, would it be too much to ask if you could tell me how to do that stuff? Or direct me somewhere I could find out? Sorry about my lack of knowledge of UDK.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X