Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skeletal Mesh Actor and Pawn Collision and animation

Hi, I have an interesting problem.

I've set a door and doorway up as a skeletal mesh actor, the handle, the hinges, and door all rotate on an FBX animation that the skeletal mesh plays via Kismet. I've set up a physics actor for the skeletal mesh and adjusted the bounding boxes for the bones accordingly. I've also set (I believe anyways) the check boxes for collision correctly on the actor, so that when I drop down into the level, my pawn doesn't pass through the door until the door is open. The pawn collides correctly with the door and doorway... EXCEPT... when the door is animating.

The door swings open and clips through the pawn and then becomes solid again when you hit up against it after the animation has finished playing. Ideally I want the animation to reverse or stop if the pawn touches the collision box of the door but I haven't found what I'm looking for exactly in Kismet... I know there's a way to get it working with interp actors as far as hit detection goes, but I need to get this working with an animating skeletal mesh instead. Can anyone help????
Working...
X