No announcement yet.

Extracting things from games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i do that i have a project i just put everything inside content folder and then maps but when i try to open the editor it gaves me always "ambiguous package name" and dont opens

i think i already solve it , it was just a mistake because i was doing past on my projects inside ut3\content and it had to be on c\udk only .
    the problem right now is that when i try to open a map it gives me that error of assets not found so im guessing where do i have to put all the other things because if i do it again and i put on the content folder i already had it will not open and if i stay like this it dont opens the maps i want

Comment

i tried with other maps and still cant get any of them working so please can anyone tell me how to use new maps or things i mean where should i put everything. its stupid but its really all that i cant do for now all the rest is working well for me

Comment

Why can't you get them working? Is it still the same error as before, or have you solved that one? Your files are all probably in the right place from what you've said. If you're still having that 'ambiguous package' error, then see if this helps:

Ambiguous Package Name Error in UDK and How to Fix It

If it's another issue, talk us through what UDK does and says before it refuses to open your map.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomasmul10 View Post
          Why can't you get them working? Is it still the same error as before, or have you solved that one? Your files are all probably in the right place from what you've said. If you're still having that 'ambiguous package' error, then see if this helps:

Ambiguous Package Name Error in UDK and How to Fix It

If it's another issue, talk us through what UDK does and says before it refuses to open your map.
          i have this folder with the project i want to load C:\UDK\UDK-2014-05 and inside are a binaries, development, engine and a udk game folders . my installation had the udt sample too but i didnt touch that i just put this one inside udk folder . when i try to open the map of my project it gives me always the error saying some resources where not found, the same happens when i try to import things i downloaded for udk like objects or other maps

Comment

That means that the map is missing some packages. Packages (in case you didn't know) are files that store all of the assets for your map, such as models, textures etc. If UDK is saying some resources are missing, then you must be missing some packages containing assets that have been used in the map you are trying to open.

Again, as long as your packages are inside this folder, the ones that are there will will load correctly:
            C:\UDK\UDK-2014-05\UDKGame\Content

And as long as your map is in this folder, that's also fine:
            C:\UDK\UDK-2014-05\UDKGame\Content\Maps

Where did you download the map etc that you are trying to open? If I can get my hands on it I'll troubleshoot the problem for you if you like, save you the hassle. =)

Comment

http://www.synoptic-entertainment.co...ce-code-7-days or http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=195592 for exemple. i know both arent just normal maps but all the project is there. i have the ut3 things inside udk\ut3 folder and i have this 7 day project insode udk either like this c:\udk\udk2014-05. cant i have more than one project assets loading at same time ?

Comment

ambiguous package name probably means you have 2 with the same name.you need to rename 1 of them.

Comment

that i solved by putting the projects inside udk only right now i just cant load any downloaded maps or things without the errors i said and i really would love to have this jungle thing for my deathmatch. "Can't find file for package 'NaPali_FX' while loading NULL" this is the error that im getting.
                  one thing i couldnt get too was your weapons but what is giving me more trouble are the maps i just have working the ones that come with the ut3 in udk

Comment

The Jungle environment has been cooked, so there is no chance you are going to be able to open it properly.

If you had the right packages then sure, you would be able to, but the map has been cooked - meaning you can't access all of the assets from the map. If all packages had been included in the download, what's stopping somebody from stealing the guys work and all of his content and claiming it as their own? The creator released the map as a playable version of his project, not as a content resource.

As for the '7 Days' horror project, other people seem to be having issues with it when trying work with the downloaded files. From what I can see, some errors may be to do with it was built with an older version of UDK. Maybe try installing UDK-2013-03 and see how that goes. My internet is really slow right now so I haven't managed to download the files, I'd expect them to just be packages and maps for the most part. You'll need the source code it the right place for the gameplay to work, but I can't help you there I'm afraid, I've never worked with code inside UDK.

Comment

it was on the link of 7 days either the full project or the assets at least i think thats what it was and thats what i tried to use

Comment

Log: MorphTargetSet (VH_Manta_MorphTargets) is added to the mesh (grifle-mk6) that's not compatible. BaseSkelMesh has to be (SK_VH_Manta) heres the error that appears in my log file when i try to change the weapon the uteam player haves

Comment

Working...
                        X