Extracting things from games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extracting things from games

hey guys , im new here so maybe you already awsered to this but i have something that i would like to know.
    i have a pc and an xbox60 is it possible to extract things from games like gears of war , bulletstorm or any other games from epic ?
    by things i mean music , videos , characters , maps any kind of things , if so how can i do it (program) .
    tks

I've never ripped assets from Xbox 360 games before, but I have heard of a program that can do it. It's called UE Viewer, and it can extract 3D models, such as characters, from any game made by Epic on the Unreal Engine. Here's the link:

http://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel

You're probably going to need a tutorial on how to extract the models from the game, so here's one I found =):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKBRBqLllj4

Just as a side note, if you're planning on making a remake of any of Epic's games, then I would advise extreme caution. You need permission from Epic to do this, even if you just post videos online. Remember that the assets belong to Epic, and nobody else. With that said, I hope you're able to get the models extracted for whatever you're doing! Good Luck! =D

EDIT: I'm not sure how you would go abut extracting music etc, sorry. =/ Just do some digging about on the internet, see what tools you can find.

Comment

tks man and no im not going to try and make a remake its just to see something already done by professionals working .
      is there any chance we can put one game we make on a console like psp, ps3 ou xbox360 ? i saw its just for pc or phones but there are things where we can do one for consoles maybe we can do it just for test and not for sell

Comment

Be careful, ripping things out of games isn't legal. And no, you can't release on console, UDK doesn't support it and even if it did you have to get a license from Sony or Microsoft to be able to do it, which they won't do unless you're actually making a serious game.

Comment

i dont want to do anything to existing games but my biggest problem is to do gameplay things like cover on fps or movements like jumping over walls my objective is to study how they make things so i can learn . about consols i just asked because my pc isnt the best in the world for this things but yea i know i need license

Comment

There's no gameplay code or anything you can get out of other games to study, a lot of that has to do with how things are setup in whatever editor is used. After the game is put together it's not in a format you can really look at or extract.

Comment

where can i find more about that then ? just one thing , i already tried that umodel thing but i dont get any of that type of files all the files from game are .xxx and i dont know wich ones have 3d models

Comment

Sometimes a developer will talk about stuff that they do for their games, but other than that you're not going to find out anything about the gameplay construction.

Comment

i saw here on the forum a guy that made a gameplay script for a game like gears of war and thats what i want im just trying to figure out how to use that , about all the content import with umodel i just followed the video did exactly the same but it gave me always the same error that there was nothing compatible even on the games i said like gears or bulletstorm

Comment

If you buy the PC version of Gear of War 1, it comes with the editor, which includes nearly (if not all) all assets, maps, kismet actions and unrealscript for the game.

Comment

tks im going to try that . im sorry guys but now everytime i try to open udk what starts is unreal tornment , how can i solve this?

Comment

Create a new shortcut to UDK.exe, in the shortcut properties add -editor to the end of the file location

Comment

tks man it worked . look im sorry for asking but by kismet actions and unrealscript you means i can take gameplay script and bot ai too ?
                          i ask this because i didnt knew where to put the scrip i downloaded from here with the gameplay wich had cover system and when i tried to import a downloaded map or game it gave me always errors , i didnt knew if i had to put only the upk file in conten\maps or i had to do more things. like i got a game and all the files i wanted to take only a map from it so i took the upk file in maps on the game folder and past it on the maps folders in content folder on udk , is this enough?

Comment

i meant i downloaded a udk project so i could have some light but i cant open that project and by project i mean a game already working , i put the files inside udkgame but nothing works and i cant edit or watch maps or anything. by the way i will get from a friiend the gears of war game how can i get the things you said out of it after installing it ?

Comment

When you open the editor that comes with Gears of War, I assume you would simply right click on any model or asset you want, and press ' export to file'. I wouldn't even bother with UE Viewer if you're having problems with it, just stick with Gears of War assets that are easy to get hold of.

If you downloaded a Map file for UDK, you need all the packages for that map file in the correct place for the map to open properly, i.e. in the 'content' folder folder of the UDK directory:
                              UDK --> UDK Game --> Content

Place your map in the 'Maps' folder:
                              UDK --> UDK Game --> Content --> Maps.

For the actual game project to work, you will need the scripts for the map also in the correct location. I'm mainly an artist so I can help you with this I'm afraid. =/

Comment

Working...
                              X