Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Udk envviroment demo ....where i can find them???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Udk envviroment demo ....where i can find them???

Sorry for maybe noob question..

but I wan to know if is there a way and a place where I can downlaod the udk enviroment demos used for udk showrell in the past or other udk enviroment assets done by other people, and if they an be imported and unpackged into udk and be used for learning pourposes and experimentations...
    is there a repository in some place??
    and about UT3 and others..can be map and assets form ut3 and custom msaps for ut3 be imported and working on udk??

thanks in advance

leon

Download UDK and there's some sample files included, other stuff you'd have to find specifically. The stuff from the showreel is from various sources that probably don't have the files shared. As far as UT3 is concerned, you can't use any UT3 content that isn't already included in UDK.

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
      Download UDK and there's some sample files included, other stuff you'd have to find specifically. The stuff from the showreel is from various sources that probably don't have the files shared. As far as UT3 is concerned, you can't use any UT3 content that isn't already included in UDK.
      So I cannot use none of ut custom maps and assets in udk...
      even if I unpackage all and adapt it for udk??

Comment

As far as I know the package files are not compatible, the maps certainly aren't.

Comment

If it is only for learning purposes: buy UT3 (if you not already own a copy), open ut3 maps in the editor and study them, its worth the time. Then try to rebuild stuff in UDK. Unfortunately what comes with UDK is only a tiny portion of all the nice UT3 models etc. To extract Unreal engine 3 models (which is illegal) you could use a nice little tool - however, DON'T use such stuff for anything commercial or public, its simply illegal. It would be nice if Epic could make the UT3 stuff open source (non-comm; at least the models), they are great for doing first steps in level design. Btw, since UE4 is based on a subscription, such a step could be a boost to people who want to try a game engine; for UDK it doesn't matter anymore (probably).

Comment

Originally posted by udk_slarti View Post
            If it is only for learning purposes: buy UT3 (if you not already own a copy), open ut3 maps in the editor and study them, its worth the time. Then try to rebuild stuff in UDK. Unfortunately what comes with UDK is only a tiny portion of all the nice UT3 models etc. To extract Unreal engine 3 models (which is illegal) you could use a nice little tool - however, DON'T use such stuff for anything commercial or public, its simply illegal. It would be nice if Epic could make the UT3 stuff open source (non-comm; at least the models), they are great for doing first steps in level design. Btw, since UE4 is based on a subscription, such a step could be a boost to people who want to try a game engine; for UDK it doesn't matter anymore (probably).
            thanks for your reply..obviously I want to use them ONLY for learning pourpose and not for commercial...I'm gonig to buy UT3 black ediiton ..but can you please tell or link me (even in private) the tool I can use to extract these models...
            thanks in advance

leon

Comment

Working...
            X