Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to teleport Kactors??

Hello everyone,
    Pretty new to UDK within a month experience and thank you in advance for your help. So the problem is I have a level created where you pick up 2 balls using the physics gun and drop them in their respective spots to open a door. I have that done just fine in Kinect. My problem is just in case someone drops the balls off the ledge (where you cant go because you would die) how do I get them to teleport back to their original position or better yet to spawn in their original position. Again to recap these are kactors that I move using the right click to pick up with the physics gun. I do not have any coding experience or programs and am only using Kinect to script this. Thanks again in advance.
    Will

Lots of ways to do this. The Kactor could fall into a strategically placed DynamicTriggerVolume. Setup a Touch event for the DynTrigVol that invokes a Kismet Teleport node to teleport the Kactor back to its original location. For the Teleport to work: Attach the Kactor to the Target Input, and a note or a pathnode to the Destination (the kactor's original location).

Other approaches:... If the KActor always collides off something before falling off the ledge, then you can use a Kactor Touch event to trigger the Teleport. If all else fails you could use a delayed loop / Tick event to test for the Kactor's velocity or Get-Location (Z) etc, and then trigger a Teleport if a threshold is hit...

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. I have followed that method and actually tried that before I posted. It seems the ball (Kactor) is not setting off the dynamic trigger. It just falls through the trigger without teleporting to the pathnode I have set at it's original location. I do have the setting no encroach check not selected. In kismet I also have the dynamic trigger used by touch connected to a teleport node with the kactor as the target and the pathnode as a location. Are there certain settings I need to apply to the dynamic trigger volume for it to read the kactor? Also just for your further knowledge on the situation when I build paths I am getting errors on both my kactors that they have blockrigidbody set to false and no joints. Is this maybe the reason and do you know the fix? Again thank you for your help!

EDIT* I figured it out. I went into trigger properties in kismet and changed the settings to KActor as proximity type and unchecked player only. Thanks again for the help!!!

Comment

Working...
      X