the usage of skeletal meshes for a game that i want to sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the usage of skeletal meshes for a game that i want to sell

i can't use a skeletal mesh for a game that i've created and want to sell,right? i must create them with other programs,am i correct ?can you tell me for other issues like this one?

In the license agreement the answer is clearly: no you can't use Skel-Meshes. Do an advanced search on the forums to find the latest licensing URL as it keeps changing... However, I can think of exceptions which are worth querying with Epic. For example, what if you modify the SkelMesh and use it as a base only and you change the material radically too etc...?

It would be interesting to see if the launch of UE4 and planned UT has made the rules of usage more flexible? Although I think this is more a legal issue because the SkelMeshes are IP traceable back to UT directly, that's why we can't use them. Anyway You should to write to Epic to find out, and then post back here and let us all know. Note, it can take a while to get a reply... Lastly, if they don't get back to you, you can still scour the forums for free characters, weapons and vehicles and use them as your base. What are you trying to do anyway?

udk-licensing@epicgames.com
    udklicensing@epicgames.com
    billing@unrealengine.com
    Developer.Relations@epicgames.com
    billing@unrealengine.com

Comment

Working...
    X