Texture/material problem UDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texture/material problem UDK

Hey guys gotta problem. I've got version FEB 2014 which ive downloaded and when i create a texture and assign it to a mesh in UDK it looks distorted with weird over lapping colors. I've been using the right procedures when creating textures and creating materials in UDK but for some odd reason it looks weird. I've been using UDK for 3 years now so i'm not a novice i know what im doing but this is something new please help i would send a pic but idk how to show it on here asking for url of image but all i got is a screen shot thanks

When you klick onto "insert Image" you can also choose "from computer" then it directly uploads your screen shot into this thread

Comment

idk I have tried but after I click on insert image it only asks for url idk im getting frustrated

Comment

Then just upload it somewhere and post the link (because otherwise it's pretty hard to tell what could be wrong)

Comment

idk if you can see this but the weird colors is not what is on my diffuse map it's just a white texture with gray lines but this is ridiculous. idk if it's a bug with this version but I did see this before on another version but it just disappeared one day and the weirdness was gone but now it's back on this version. is it something im doing wrong or what? it would be great if you can help cause it's due tomorrow and some advice would be great

Comment

HELP

Comment

Not my area but I'll try and help after you give more info on the exact problem as I'm lost by your description:..... Your image shows a purple / green 2D texture on the left hand side which matches the mesh material on the right hand side. But part of the right hand side image is blue / grey such as when a material is not found / not loaded / or not assigned yet....

Comment

that's the thing it's just suppose to be all white not different colors. it's like as if it's showing the actual UV unwrap. does it have something to do with bit maps idk

Comment

Define 'IDK' ???

Meantime, if the problem is with the 2D texture alone at time of import, then open the 1024 x 1024 texture in other external image viewers and check it. Also switch between bmp and png and jpg and re-import to see if something weird is happening. I use bmp and png 1024 x 1024 and have never seen any import issues like this (using Feb 2013 build and PSP)....

Comment

lol IDK means "I don't know" sorry about that. Ok I will try but I used PSD instead but Ill use PNG instead. And bmp is a different one but ill try that as well and I will let you know how it turns out. plus im using "Feb 2014" version

Comment

I think I got it working. I still used the PSD file only thing I've did is changed the bit map settings to 24 bit per pixel and it worked fine thanks for the help Frankit

Comment

Cool, glad you sorted it... Looks interesting.. Are you building a space station?

Comment

It's really the interior of a small navy space shuttle if you want to see what i've done so far check out my portfolio website polivnickjean.myiadtorlando.net

Comment

Working...
                          X