Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UDK - MMORPG (Mysql)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    UDK - MMORPG (Mysql)

    Hello everyone!

    This is my first post. I would like to know what you think about creating a MMORPG game with a team of developers with UDK.

    #2
    I think that's a bad idea

    Comment


      #3
      This question comes up a almost every week. Suggest doing a search. For starters there are discussions stating that UDK supports 64 Players max per server. But UDK is hardly the engine for this anyway, its not even clear if UE4 could handle it. Usually it requires a custom job, built from the ground up i.e. native C++!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by frankit View Post
        This question comes up a almost every week. Suggest doing a search. For starters there are discussions stating that UDK supports 64 Players max per server. But UDK is hardly the engine for this anyway, its not even clear if UE4 could handle it. Usually it requires a custom job, built from the ground up i.e. native C++!
        Mmm.. ok ok thx for info frankit.

        PD: The 64 players can be edited quietly (dll).

        Comment


          #5
          Some people have found a way around the 64-player limit, but that's just one small problem when making an MMO.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by u3games View Post
            Hello everyone!

            This is my first post. I would like to know what you think about creating a MMORPG game with a team of developers with UDK.
            It would be a great idea, but the amount of time that it is going to take you in order to create it is going to be rather large,

            -Levels (MMO's require a rather large range of Maps, or 1 large map.)

            -Models

            -Textures (Alot of textures actually.)

            -The ability to create multiplayer

            -Multiplayer must run without lag, and must be ran efficiently.

            All of these factors must be on your mind when beginning the project. I'm not saying that its a bad idea, but its just going to take a long period of time to create; despite having a team of developers.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Fi5h1fishy View Post
              It would be a great idea, but the amount of time that it is going to take you in order to create it is going to be rather large,

              -Levels (MMO's require a rather large range of Maps, or 1 large map.)

              -Models

              -Textures (Alot of textures actually.)

              -The ability to create multiplayer

              -Multiplayer must run without lag, and must be ran efficiently.

              All of these factors must be on your mind when beginning the project. I'm not saying that its a bad idea, but its just going to take a long period of time to create; despite having a team of developers.
              Ok, thx Fi5h1fishy.

              Comment


                #8
                Anytime my friend.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Fi5h1fishy View Post
                  Anytime my friend.
                  I'll try, well... let's =P

                  Comment


                    #10
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7-hX6pg7AE

                    Heres a main menu I built could be used for MMORPGS, RPGS, etc.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by drealz View Post
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7-hX6pg7AE

                      Heres a main menu I built could be used for MMORPGS, RPGS, etc.
                      Nice work ^^

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X