Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Character control like Assassins Creed

Hi,

Currently my 3rd person character is moving and sprinting like default, like strafe left and right on A-D or turn left and right after I changed the parameters , move forward and backward on W-D.

What I want is, instead of moving forward , backward , right and left, I would like to have single walk and run animations, in forward direction , and when I press A , the character will turn and walk/run towards left, like in assassins creed, and similarly on right and back on pressing D and S respectively, instead of turning along with the camera.

I was able to do this in Unity using C# coding. But in UDK I have no idea how to do this, as I am beginner here. Please help.

Also, how do I make the character bend according to the slope? Here the feet is not touching the ground

If I got you correctly you can use AnimNodeBlendDirectional inside animtree. For left and right you can use animation for moving forward, just apply rotation to animation inside animset.

Comment

Can you please help me with the code? apparently the following are not doing anything. Below is my Pawn class, derived from Pawn.uc

exec function TurnRight()
      {

local Rotator newRot;
      newRot = Rotation;
      newRot.Yaw += 8000;
      SetRotation(newRot);
      if(!bRunning && !bSprinting)
      {
      Groundspeed = 100;
      bWalking = true;
      }
      }

exec function TurnLeft()
      {

local Rotator newRot;
      newRot = Rotation;
      newRot.Yaw += -8000;
      SetRotation(newRot);
      if(!bRunning && !bSprinting)
      {
      Groundspeed = 100;
      bWalking = true;
      }
      }

.Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="TurnLeft | OnRelease StopWalking | Axis aStrafe Speed=-1.0")
      .Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="TurnRight | OnRelease StopWalking | Axis aStrafe Speed=+1.0")
      .Bindings=(Name="A",Command="GBA_TurnLeft")
      .Bindings=(Name="D",Command="GBA_TurnRight")

Comment

watch assassin creed V on
        www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j4SvftO5VY

Comment

do this from your player controller, dont have udk here atm so cant be more specific
          look for state PlayerWalking (or similar) and in there the PlayerMove (or similar) function

Comment

Working...
          X