Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[UDK] Controlling skylight via matinee. Works in viewport but not in game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[UDK] Controlling skylight via matinee. Works in viewport but not in game?

Hi I'm trying to make a day/night cycle and the skylight I have set up DOES change color and intensity while I'm scrubbing the timeline in the matinee editor (even if i close and reopen it) but when I hit play, the skylight remains static in-game. Whats happening here? Is there a better way to do this? Many thanks guys!

It's been 2+ years since I did sky in matinee, but obvious question would be - are you sure your matinee plays out in game? Getting triggered by Kismet and all that?

Comment

Thanks for replying! Yeah I have other stuff controlled by the same matinee sequence and they all play out as expected. Only the skylight is being a ****.

Comment

It used to work in earlier versions of UDK but that feature has been broken now. You can't do it without a little trickery but you'll have to do the research. If you do manage to get it working, I'll tell you right now that you will also run into a few other issues that have not yet presented themselves.

Comment

is that research available on hourences or UDN? Does it involve scripting? Light functions? Animal sacrifice? I'm at a loss and my googling is fruitless. FRUITLESS!

Comment

Animal sacrifices won't work, I already tried it.

Eventually it will require some coding for what you are trying to do but other than that, you just have to think outside the box a little.

Comment

Working...
            X