Next UDK Update ETA ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next UDK Update ETA ?

I'am wondering if there is an ETA for the next UDK Update ? After mailing someone from Epic, i was told to post this question publicly on the forums.
    It would be good to have full iOS7 support(that will be mandatory on Feb1) aswell as config sections for the iPad Air and iPad Mini Retina. There are probably some other things mentioned in several threads on the forums that need to be fixed, but the only thing that comes to my mind is the random crash when generating a second UV channel in the Static Mesh editor, otherwise UDK is rock solid.

Would be nice to get a official response on this for all UDK devs to read.

Don't expect an update which will include any new features liek better support for some devices. There is a really small team working on udk ue3 now. You'll have to wait for ue4 propably.

Comment

I'am using UE4 aswell. I just want to be able to release my last game with UE3 on iOS in february and make it as good as possible, wich requires to have full support for newest devices. And there are still alot of other developers using UDK that still plan to ship games on iOS.

Comment

Originally posted by cube2222 View Post
        Don't expect an update which will include any new features liek better support for some devices. There is a really small team working on udk ue3 now. You'll have to wait for ue4 propably.
        So what you is saying is that Epic Games will ditch everyone who has been working on a mobile game, who hasn't released it within February?

Comment

No, can't ios 6 games run on ios 7? (I'm not really into apple devices)

Comment

Current UDK runs fine on iOS7, the problem is that Apple requires submited apps to be compiled with XCode 5 and iOS7 starting Feb.1 .

Comment

Then it's possible that udk will get support for that. But propably only for cooking it.

Comment

I'm not expecting a new UDK build, but to be honest, an update for iOS 7 does sound pretty important :/

Comment

Curious so this only covers new submissions not existing apps?

Comment

It's for updates to exisiting Apps aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                      I'm not expecting a new UDK build

WTF? They simply drop UDK? No official statement whatsoever?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkster View Post
                        WTF? They simply drop UDK? No official statement whatsoever?
                        Well its been beta its entire life and with the amount of updates it had over that time I'm really grateful to Epic for letting me be part of it. UDK isnt that bad in its latest version, its still gives plenty of options and if you want to go further there will always be licensing, keeping in mind UE2 games still came out after UE3 was in use by alot of developers so you can always get more access and fix anything you deem to be a bug or broken yourself. I was surprised Epic updated UDK as often as they did since the UE2 runtime wasnt supported that much, its been amazing to watch all the titles that spawned from people having UDK access

Comment

In my opinion, I hope the developers (especially those who just love the graphics), do not sacrifice the current udk. It is extremely useful and must do more valued for both PC and iOS games!

Comment

+1 for wanting information/clarification on the status of UDK in relation to the upcoming Apple requirements changes in Feb.
                            I'm aiming for a Feb release after a long dev period & I would hate to encounter this kind of avoidable problem at the last minute and encounter a delay.

Comment

would be nice to know the status of the current udk, the last update was 5 months a go.

Comment

Working...
                              X