Ocean in Unreal Engine 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocean in Unreal Engine 4

Ocean made in the awesome Unreal Engine 4!

How did you get hands on with unreal engine 4?

Comment

The most active forum members got to beta-test it around 3 months ago.

Comment

ummm....no, sorry but that's not quite right cube, I am not going into detail other then saying that's wrong

@ryanjon, looks nice but to me it needs bigger waves, its to calm for the middle of the ocean but that's mostly just me being picky

Comment

Originally posted by smokey13 View Post
          ummm....no, sorry but that's not quite right cube, I am not going into detail other then saying that's wrong
          Hehehehe thats the well kept secret

Comment

@Rodesqa: Epic gave access to Unreal Engine 4 to some of us (including me).

@smokey13: haha you are right it needs bigger waves.

Comment

Honestly, Epic really need to work on an ocean solution for UE4.

Comment

Can we use FFT technique with UE4? It was really hard to implement it in UE3 (and slow in result, so it's a theoretical, but not practical way to do it in current UDK), but it's the most usable way to simulate the ocean.

Comment

it looks nice to me. thanks for sharing it ryanjon2040

Comment

Originally posted by ufna View Post
                    Can we use FFT technique with UE4? It was really hard to implement it in UE3 (and slow in result, so it's a theoretical, but not practical way to do it in current UDK), but it's the most usable way to simulate the ocean.
                    Questions about features are pointless at this time. AFAIK the UE4 beta testers are only allowed to post screenshots (and maybe videos), but they may not show the editor or answer questions about the new engine.

Comment

I'm ready to Beta-Test anything about streaming levels and materials, RIGHT NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by ufna View Post
                        What Wormbo said. I cannot speak anything about Engine features or whats included and whats not.

Originally posted by daimaku View Post
                        it looks nice to me. thanks for sharing it ryanjon2040
                        Thanks a lot daimaku

Comment

looks good to me ryanjon... must be the pacific, which is so much more passive in comparison to the churning and boiling atlantic river... like the ideas are churning and boiling in my dreams of the possibilities that might lie ahead in U4... I WILL learn this engine backwards and forwards, not just skimming over the top as i did with U3... particle fairies and waterfalls, teaching games and adventure games, saving the world as a mild mannered reporter... so much to do... i'll have to make a list

Comment

i was trying to create some ocean too in OLD Unreal Tournament 3... its postponed never released map i wanted to add foam waves too but no time now and shader becoming too complex (i dont understand it fully so hit&miss approach)

Comment

*necks self out of anticipation and lack of patience for UE4*

Comment

Working...
                              X