Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gtx 660 or r9 270x?

what do you reckon?

r9 is slightly faster and cheaper but then it doesnt have physx and stuff, will that even matter?

thanks

when I replaced my old amd 6870 with a gtx 680 I though I would get a big boost for PhysX,but no-I saw no real difference.the new card was an allround improvement but that was to be expected from a card that was 2 years newer.

Comment

Isnt the R9 270x newer? I think the comparable card is like a 770GTX isnt it?

I just did a check and here I can get the 660GTX OC $30 cheaper than similar brand R9 270x

Comment

im looking at bundle deals and bare bones pc's, and in my price range thats the best of the choices

Comment

have you checked out www.overclockers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
            Isnt the R9 270x newer? I think the comparable card is like a 770GTX isnt it?

I just did a check and here I can get the 660GTX OC $30 cheaper than similar brand R9 270x
            The GTX770 is similar to the R9 280x.

The R9 cards have a bit more potential with the mantle API.

Comment

Only if people use Mantle in their projects. Consoles don't support it and the PC market is heavily nVidia orientated, so I suspect games that support it may be few in number.

Comment

It depends on if you actually need those specific features

Comment

i want it to run udk and more importantly ue4.
                  so the r9?

Comment

I have a gtx 660 ti and both programs (UDK and UE4) runs very smoothly, even with pretty much vegetation I think the gtx 660 isnt so different from the gtx 660 ti

Comment

tegleg i recently bought a radeon 7970 replacing my old gtx 560 ti, all my udk projects are working just fine, including my maze project where i'm using the nvidia apex destruction, hope that help you.

Comment

Working...
                      X