Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Unreal Engine Livestream Announced for 11/21 at 11am PT!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Engine Livestream Announced for 11/21 at 11am PT!

Join us for "Guerilla Filmmaking and the Modern Game" with Gears of War series' Cinematic Director Greg Mitchell, this Thursday, November 21 at 11am PT/2pm ET at www.twitch.tv/unrealengine
    We're going to try to have a Q&A at the end if time allows, so bring your questions, or submit them on twitter @UnrealEngine in advance. The stream will be posted to youtube a few days later, so if you miss it live, make sure to catch it on the other side!
    Hope to see you there.

Awesome! Thanks Epic.

Comment

Great! I can't watch it live (would have to wake up in the middle of the night) but I will watch it on Youtube.
      From the title I guess it's not a tutorial this time?

Comment

Originally posted by Hello_World! View Post
        Great! I can't watch it live (would have to wake up in the middle of the night) but I will watch it on Youtube.
        From the title I guess it's not a tutorial this time?
        More of a development discussion talk with hopefully time for a Q&A. If you won't be able to join us live, feel free to post questions here, or submit them to @unrealengine on Twitter and we'll try to address them.

Comment

Woohoo, should be interesting

Comment

Sweet, I will be there for the live stream

Comment

Originally posted by CloDel Studios View Post
              Sweet, I will be there for the live stream
              Reminder that this is happening RIGHT NOW! Join us at www.twitch.tv/unrealengine!

Comment

can't get in to twitch login for some reason... and its a cloudy day (solar power), so i will wait for youtube i guess... as an rpg guy menu's and movies play a big part in the games ambiance and gameplay... from what i saw for a brief moment... well i'll wait

Comment

Great talk. As an animator, it would be fun to hear a similar talk from the ingame animators. The past generation perils and maybe what is to come. Animation is one of those elements of game development that is still very rough compared to in which detail we can tweak and achieve realistic rendering.

P.S: Thanks for asking all my questions earlier, great answers.

P.P.S: Please don't forget my friends earlier request: "@unrealengine Is Kevin Johnstone still working for Epic? If he is, convince him to do a stream about his environment art workflows & modular environment design!"

Comment

as a "guerilla filmmaker" using UE myself, this would have been interesting to check out, but I've had my hands full - well - filmmaking. will be waiting for the recap.

Comment

...........I missed it....

Comment

Hey guys, the video of Greg's livestream should be posted today or tomorrow on both Twitch.tv/UnrealEngine as well as YouTube.com/UnrealEngine.

Comment

Having problems with Swarm

Okay I there are a lot of people having some problems with the Swarm Agent too and it looks like there is no help for it. So I am going to tell you my problem. When I am putting my lighting my level and then Build All a error pops up saying, Failed to connect to Swarm. SwarmAgent has stopped working, A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Then a tap for Close program, then other message comes up and says, The lighting build Failed! See the log for more information! If there is anyone out there that can help please let me know for this for a class I am taking.

Thank you very much,

Comment

Originally posted by Slcark52210 View Post
                            Okay I there are a lot of people having some problems with the Swarm Agent too and it looks like there is no help for it. So I am going to tell you my problem. When I am putting my lighting my level and then Build All a error pops up saying, Failed to connect to Swarm. SwarmAgent has stopped working, A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Then a tap for Close program, then other message comes up and says, The lighting build Failed! See the log for more information! If there is anyone out there that can help please let me know for this for a class I am taking.

Thank you very much,
                            Go check if your firewall or anti-virus is blocking Swarm.

This isn't the right thread to ask this kind of questions, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacky View Post
                              Go check if your firewall or anti-virus is blocking Swarm.

This isn't the right thread to ask this kind of questions, btw.
                              I am sorry but no one was answering me under the support it has been there for a week so I though I will put it some where else.

Comment

Working...
                              X