Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[RESOLVED]'Halo' like weapons and vehicles and players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED]'Halo' like weapons and vehicles and players?

[RESOLVED]Why did Epic choose to go the 'Halo' like route on weapons and vehicles and players, versus call of duty or something new. A deliberate design choice or something else? Just curious....

I don't understand the purpose or context of the question?

You know the demo assets are from Unreal Tournament 3, a game that came out in 2007, part of a series of games that originated in the 90s?

Comment

The same question is why the developers of cod chose the "new" style

1. thats what ambershee said
      2. probably it also was a market niche

Comment

Look, no offense meant, but you cannot ask every single question that pops into your head like this. You're basically spamming at this rate.
        Consider if your question is worth asking and try to research yourself before you ask it. Asking "why did they do this, and why did they do that" for every single little decision someone makes is absolutely mental.

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
          Look, no offense meant, but you cannot ask every single question that pops into your head like this. You're basically spamming at this rate.
          Consider if your question is worth asking and try to research yourself before you ask it. Asking "why did they do this, and why did they do that" for every single little decision someone makes is absolutely mental.
          You're right of course. Sorry, I had built up a list from several months. I'd like to delete some, but the Advanced Edit option has no 'Post' delete option that I can see?

Comment

Games like Doom, System Shock, Starsiege: Tribes, Quake, Unreal Tournament and others were out with sci-fi weapons and 3D environments long before Halo. Most even had a first or second sequel announced, developed, and released before Bungie and Microsoft shipped the first Halo. Bungie's own Marathon even predates Halo as a spiritual predecessor.

Comment

Working...
            X