Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making matinee using anims made for gameplay, is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making matinee using anims made for gameplay, is it possible?

Hello i wanted to do a cinematic where a character just walks and i film him with the camera during matinee. My doubt is that, if i have a character that has an anim tree with his walk cycle, but this walk cycle is stationary so i wanted to know if i need to remake the animation for non static walking cycle or matinee has an option to make my character walk and go to a specific spot? I dont think the crowd system can work because i need to use a camera for making the matinee sequence and crowd system shows during gameplay. Do you know what's the easiest way to do it without to remake the animation? If i have to remake how can i match my character's coordinates to my map inside of Maya? Thanks a lot for your time i hope someone had done this before.

You can animate a skeletal mesh and use its imported animations in Matinee. When you add a skeletal mesh to a Matinee sequence and add an Anim track to it, hit enter and you'll get a list of animations that are available for that mesh. Then you can play or loop them any way you like.

Comment

Here is a tutorial about that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFV0Q_QgA10

Comment

Thank you for your answers, that was pretty clear! Also the video was just what i was looking for thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X