Need help in 3 things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help in 3 things

1. I have the TurkChandelier mesh on my level, with a toggleable ligt on it. When I turn off the light, the mesh itself still has some light. How can I turn that effect off?
    2. How can I set/change which button has to be pressed on a "Used" Trigger to be activated?
    3. How can I change the color/tone of a static mesh?

I am a newbie, working on my first level/game with the help of tutorial videos. Couldn't find the answer for my questions so I hope someone could help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Check whether the mesh has emissive textures, which are textures that illuminate the mesh. For buttons and triggers, it depends on what the conditions are. In Kismet a gate node can be used to block or enable other nodes.
    To change a material during gameplay like the color, you need to use Material Instances, which mean that you put a parameter node in your material and make a material instance of the material, you can then adjust that parameter using Kismet and Matinee.

Comment

Wow thats still complicated for me. I guess I will have to keep that for later... I know that during gameplay I can change the colors with a volume also, but I did not mean that. I can't find out how to simply change the tone of the mesh to - lets say- redish (not ingame, in the editor)

Comment

If you need to just change the color of something, you can open up the material and use something like a multiply node to multiply the main color of the material by the color you want it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
          If you need to just change the color of something, you can open up the material and use something like a multiply node to multiply the main color of the material by the color you want it to be.
          thanks that worked. I also got rid of the emissive textures. Only one problem left. I want to set up a trigger("used") which opens a door when the players press the action button( i would think it's a simple thing...but seems like it's not.) . I think the default action button is "E" , right? I am using utgame gametype. No matter what button I press nothing happens.

Comment

in the trigger properties, did you "uncheck" the "aim to interact" box

Comment

Originally posted by northstar View Post
              in the trigger properties, did you "uncheck" the "aim to interact" box
              That was it! Thank you

Comment

Working...
              X