New in this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New in this...

Well... I´m starting this world of game design and programming. I already know c++ and java... and I learning the unreal script, blender and others. I´m planning to buy a license in the future, but I have some questions about legal things such as licensing... For example, if I want to use Scaleform GFx and(using adobe flash professional), do I need to buy the license of flash, right? Do i have to just pay for it? Or in my game I have to put a logo or any .txt or note about that? Please help me... I´m not so familiar with these things... I have the same question with other programs I may use.

Paying for flash is the license. Blender is completely free to use.

You don't need to worry about adding logos and notes about their use.

Usually
    the only things that might need trademark in your game are things that are directly in use within the engine, such as scaleform or speedtree, which is already covered by default.
    However you should be reading the legal/licensing terms of each software.

Comment

Ok... Thanks Now, I have less questions jajaja It will be a long journey x.x

Comment

The use of Scaleform is included in the UDK license, but the use of Adobe tools to create the flash content is a separate issue. If you use their tools then you need to pay for them (there's a subscription option, you don't have to buy them outright). I think there's also a 30 day free trial which will let you experiment a little before investing.

There are free alternatives to Flash, but none of them are complete solutions. Aside from Blender there are other free tools such as Gimp and Inkscape. Remember also that you do not need a UDK license until you publish/distribute your project.

Comment

Working...
        X