Unreal Engine 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Engine 3

Hi guys , well i am new in the forum and from the first i am sorry of my bad english .so i am planning to develop a game with Unreal Engine 3 , It's Open World Game Something Like GTA , Godfather , Mafia or whatever Watch Dogs of course it's not a big *** game like them loooooooool .
    Anyways I am a 3D Modeler , I using 3DS Max , Maya , Zbrush or whatever MudbOX , i've made a lot of modding for games making cars , weapons , characters and more and my first work was with davilex for Knight Rider The Game I & II which released for PC and PS2 , so anyways i also a VFX and GFX artist i can workwith Sort of Softwares Like Adobe Photoshop , Illustrator , and After Effect For VFX Scenes Composing so in sort of explosions and fires , smokes ... i use FumeFx and Some Times Maya Simulation . i can make an Animations With 3Ds Max Bipped Characters but no like pro i don't know using motion capture softwares who make an easy animations from a video scene moving Person then convert to maya or ma rigged , anyways if you can tell me about this .
    So what i wanna say is i am planning to make a open world Game Something like gta san andreas , so i want to know more about unreal engine if he can import explosions , fires and smokes particles from maya or fumefx 3ds max .
    and also if Unreal Engine 3 Have the same like Unity3D Help in Making A Missions Objectives ... Besides Of Typing Coding , So i don't know anything about codding i am a noob i want just to make missions using unreal engines just objectives kill , getting a car, , explosions ... anyways if you can pleasse help me out to take the way to codding i am still 16 Years old and i think i can take this way now . So Many Ppls told me that UDK 3 are more awesome Than Unity3D , CryEngine 3 . So Pleasse Help Me Out Taking The Guide For Unreal Engine 3 and Also I Have something to say :

The Game Are going to be a commerials seeling in markets ... and i don't want to see the UDK logo in the sTARTING OF THE game , i want a licensed Version of The Softwares i want nothing releated to the engine no watermark or logos , of course i will write about it but nthing like logos ...

You know, in every game made with ue3 there is the ue3 logo video clip. You have to use it. Although you can customize it, But only if epic accepts it. You can use kismet for the missions, although you won't get far in such a game type without coding.

Comment

If you're just starting out, try something small, set goals for what you want to learn like say how to make a vehicle, how to import your own characters, make a custom weapon and that type of stuff. Wanting to do a big project like those big games is an unrealistic goal. If you want to learn programming for UDK, look at tutorials for Unrealscript, there's lots of information out there. As far as FX, no game engine can import complex particle systems from other programs, especially something like FumeFX simulations--they aren't compatible.

As for the last thing, to use UDK you have a few options, for free you can make and release games but you can't make money off it in any way. If you buy a $99 UDK license you can then make and sell games. However, even if you pay for the license you must use the UDK logo at the start of the game, look at the UDK website for guidelines about the requirements for that.

Comment

so i really want to learn game codding besides of starting like stupids , i just need this whatever i want to learn C++ or C# which is easy for game developing , if you can help me by any Ebook or Videos Tutorials that walk me though Making Awesome open World Game in Two Years when i grow up to 18 old .

+ So i won't se the logo , just help me out if i can contact Epic and Give whatever money to by a licensed version no logo

Comment

If you want to learn coding for UDK you can only learn Unrealscript, not C++ or C#

There are no tutorials for making an open world game because that would be ridiculous, if you want to do something like that (don't try, you will fail) then you must break it down into small pieces and gameplay features and learn how to make those components.

It's not necessarily possible to pay for a license to remove the logo--even AAA games have the logo at the beginning of the game, and they pay for a license that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Comment

You mean there is No Logo For The Game I will made ! it can be an open source game ? what **** is hunderds of thousands of dollars.

+ Why i shouldn't start with Open World Game , why i gonna fail !!

Comment

No, you must use the UDK logo at the beginning of the game, Epic wants people to know that their engine is being used.

You shouldn't try to do a project like that because even if you're experienced then you would have a hard time being able to do it, as someone who doesn't know much, you have no chance of succeeding. That's why you should try a much smaller and more reasonable project that you would actually be able to do.

Comment

so thanks , anyways if i talk with epic about seeling the game without logos just a describing about the Unreal Engine in loading screen game and the Txt files of the games it would be great if they accepte huh !!

Comment

Start small so that you don't drown yourself while trying to learn the engine at the same time.

Also, what's wrong with the logo? It's the coolest logo ever. And that should be something to worry about when/if your game is ready for release.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacky View Post
                    Start small so that you don't drown yourself while trying to learn the engine at the same time.

Also, what's wrong with the logo? It's the coolest logo ever. And that should be something to worry about when/if your game is ready for release.
                    ok about the logo , kids , boys and mans if they see the logo of the engine they will not releated like US people or anyone else .
                    for example there a FPS game released Called Alone it's not popular yet anyways it include a logo of the CryEngine 3 and many of peoples said " Oh it's not a game i can make even awesome game than this" and " lol they used a free indivual software " or " free engine are just for stupids " i won't here this comments by peoples they make us felling bad i know what you will say like don't listen to them ... but we can't do that we will see in newspapers , TV and more . so the logo aren't needed to be in the game we need to add or own logo intro like Rockstar games ... also we don't want ppl to modify the game or upload in internet hackers , so the game should be open source so something i mean like an extracted like we want and also we would like the game to be released for ps3

Comment

A few things
                      UDK does not support PS3
                      There's also nothing you can do to stop people doing stuff to your game, especially on PC it's very easy to extract files out of PC games.
                      And if you don't want people talking bad about your game, don't make a crappy game.

Comment

What? That has nothing to do with the logo. A game is good or bad on it's own merits, and tricking people to think you haven't used an engine won't make your game better. And how is the logo not related to anything in the US or "anyone else"? Epic Games is a US based company that operates internationally.
                        A logo (or rather a vignette in this case) is just to show affiliation with a company or a trademark, it doesn't actually do anything.
                        I could make a logo for a tiny company that only my family members know of in some obscure country, and it would still be valid for me to use it if I were to release a game under it.

People will hack into and crack a popular game regardless of engine. And again, the logo doesn't change what engine you are using.

Anything you have to say about it is irrelevant anyway, removing it would be illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacky View Post

ok about the logo , kids , boys and mans if they see the logo of the engine they will not releated like US people or anyone else .

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelKnight1 View Post
                            That didn't make sense the last time either.

Comment

Seriously... if you can't get over this egocentric logo mindset then just give up now. You are not ready for game development.

Comment

Working...
                              X